1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be falling for coworker, but don't want to. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by davidG28, Dec 13, 2014.

1. davidG28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a gay 22 y/o man who had a crush on one of my coworkers who was straight a few months ago. I told them, and then moved on. The problem is now that a new guy started at my job who is around my age and we work in the same department, and I'm worried that I'm starting to develop a crush on him.

He and I came quick friends the last couple weeks since he started, he is always trying to be around me and constantly acts flirtatious with me. He tells me how good looking I am, he has hugged me, and always makes jokes like if we were in a relationship.

I don't want to put myself in the same situation like I did with my other coworker. I don't want to fall in love with someone that I can't have and be hurt again.

So my question is this: He and I don't know each other very well yet, and he doesn't know that I'm gay. A few days ago, he asked me why I didn't have a girlfriend? He told me that he has one, but he never really talks about her that much. I'm guessing because he and I don't know each other that much yet to talk too much about our personal lives. How do I kind of hint to him that I need some space without it seeming like I hate him. Should I just honest with him about the situation? I'm just not sure how he is going to react when I tell him that I'm not straight; Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The quickest solution is to be direct and tell him your gay assuming your out to others or are ok with people knowing your gay. You already said he has a girlfriend, so why waste time thinking about anything more than him just being a work acquaintance?

3. flower

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could always try a gay bar. You never know you might meet someone nice.