1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone been to 'Space Youth Group'?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheHesitantAlien, Dec 14, 2014.

1. TheHesitantAlien

Space Youth Group is a youth group for LGBT+ teens in the English county of Dorset. Stemming on from a previous post, I feel that it would be the perfect place for me to meet similar people and, eventually, start a relationship. However, I'm not very confident socially, so was wondering if anyone else here has been or does go. It would really help me to know the rough things that happen their so that I can go without a feeling of 'stepping into the unknown'. Thanks very much to anyone who can help me!
    - Leo (!)

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would imagine a good number of the other members probably felt exactly as you did when they joined. The great thing about a group like this, if you go and it does not meet your expectations, no harm no foul and you do not need to go again. Although I only know it from what it says on the web, this looks like a great opportunity to satisfy your desire to meet others your age.

3. KingJude

I'm aware I'm a bit late, but you know... I've seriously considered going on many occasions, but chickened out. I understand your reluctance. I'm not at all confident socially either... It's more difficult I guess for me, because I'm still mostly closeted, but I am hoping to summon up the courage to go at some point soon. I've heard very good things about Space, actually. If you think you have the courage I'd encourage you to go! It'll be an excellent opportunity to find a relationship, or failing that just some friends who understand the issues associated with being gay. It can only be a good thing, but I understand just how scary it will be! :slight_smile: