1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't stop thinking about him...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hey guys!

So I've posted several threads on several different guys. I had this weird issue where I would feel unsure about my feelings toward a guy, and then I would just end whatever we had and move on. The issue was that I hadn't addressed was my first relationship which had never really been focused on. I've moved on from that now.

So, here I am, talking to several guys from my area (online) just casually. This one guy asked me to hangout, and he seemed like a nice guy and he was gorgeous. We were just hanging out, wasn't a date or anything. We went to the mall, had dinner at a burger joint (how cute) and had coffee. I have never been so amazed by a person's personality. He honestly seems like the most wonderful person I've ever met. He seems like he has such a big heart and having his company is so great. We hung out/met yesterday, and since then he has been stuck on my mind. I was busy at work today but he was still racing through my mind. The upsetting thing about it is, I don't think or know if the feelings are mutual. In most situations like this, I would just say "F*** it, plenty of fish" but I doubt I'll ever meet someone who captures my mind and attention like him. I've never met anyone who inspired me to be a better person, yet one wonderful evening with this gentleman and I felt so inspired. Inspired to treat others well, inspired to think optimistically. He didn't even say things like that, I just observed the way he interacted with others. Incredible. As a person going through depression, coming home from that night and being able to enter my house happily, and feel excitement when I saw that my parents picked out a Christmas tree. I had never been so happy about a Christmas tree. It's crazy. I don't know what to do. We didn't kiss or anything and I think it's good, no need to rush anything. I just don't think it will progress because he doesn't seem as interested.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

How did you get "not as interested" from a single date?

Also, having read some of your previous threads, I have this feeling that you are jumping way too often between relationships.

As for the issue at hand. Stop overthinking it and just let yourself flow through the river. Become his friend, then see where it goes.

I seriously think you are expecting too much, too fast.

3. bornthiswaybby

Jumping between relationships... I've only had 1 relationship, and I've just talked to guys other than that. My issues before were that I was unsure about feeling anything because I just wasn't "clicking" with those guys.

Now, my issue is that things DID click and I can't stop thinking about him. And about if he'll ever be interested in me and ugh I overthink way too much and I can't help it.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go out again on another "date", keep it casual, see how it progresses. He might be looking for some indication from you that you like him. So maybe make a small gesture and see how he reacts. As your walking wrap your arm around his while walking together, see what his reaction is.

5. aboutface

Don't jump to conclusions about how "into it" he is based off of possibly not very accurate reads of signals he might not even be giving and not much substance.

If you're interested in seeing him more, let him know and follow through in earnest. There's never any guarantees but don't psych yourself out beforehand that's just counterproductive.

6. Fiziks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not to perpetuate a stereotype but, the MALL? [raises eyebrows for effect]
    I know exactly how you feel about the "you are so amazingly nice and adorable that you motivate me to be a better person" type of feeling. Sounds like a great guy so PERSIST until you know that it is futile to. Good luck.

7. bornthiswaybby

Oh my gosh we spoke on the phone 10 minutes ago, he's so intriguing. I have never felt so happy from simply talking to somebody. He's incredible.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

Fair warning... don't put him on a pedestal, else you risk being somewhat dissapointed down the road. Also I'm so happy for you! Hope things work out.

9. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, keep us apprised!

10. bornthiswaybby

So... Update...

We hung out today, and apparently I may have been wrong about the whole him not being interested thing. I say that simply because we kissed, and he does sweet things and makes sweet gestures towards me. I'm very interested in him, I've never felt this sure about my feelings for another person before. Not even my ex. This guy is a complete knockout, I've never met anyone so incredible. I know I shouldn't "put him on a pedestal" but I have yet to discover a flaw.

I'm scared though. The last time I did have true feelings for someone was when I had a boyfriend, and that ended in pain. I think I would be quite hurt if things with this guy didn't work. He's so incredible. He's a beautiful human being in general I have no way to describe how perfect he is I could almost cry tears of joy talking about it. This is so strange. I'm scared.

11. Erick

Aww don't be scared!! It's okay to be nervous and afraid of falling for someone else, but that's just life?

Just live your life, love those you want, and have no regrets at all. Don't be afraid to express your true feelings with the guy you're dating. He's being nothing but nice to you right? So treat him the same way and don't doubt him. Everyone has their flaws, but the thing is love comes with flaws and flaws come with love :slight_smile:

I really wish the best for you both!! You really deserve him in your life. :thumbsup:

12. bornthiswaybby

I'm confused with the whole situation because I can't tell if we're just taking it slow or if I'm being taken advantage of for sexual favors but I'm putting trust in this guy because he seems amazing and he doesn't seem to be solely interested in sexual favors, I don't know. That's another reason I'm scared. But I'm down to hookup, I just really like this guy. He's great, and I want him to be a part of my life.

13. Erick

It's alright to put your trust in someone if that's what your heart and soul desire. If you seriously believe that he is a sincere honest guy, then why not go for him?

If he hasn't hinted or done something wrong to you, then I truly think he is trying his best to make you a happy guy :slight_smile:

14. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He sounds like he cares about you, and he sounds like he shares your feelings. I say go for it :slight_smile: If you're worried, you can always take it at the pace you want to make sure, but remember that if you don't take a bit of a risk then you'll never know.

Good luck :slight_smile:

15. bornthiswaybby

I'm afraid of things not working out. He's one of a kind and as afraid I am of getting into a relationship and things not working out, I'm more afraid that things won't even get that far. I'm gonna see him again in a few days. I can't wait.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 12:26 AM ----------

he is such a beautiful person I can't get over it.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 12:26 AM ----------

He seriously is indescribable, whoever ends up marrying him is going to be so frickin lucky.

16. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    you need to navigate carefully…

not to be too "over-awed" that you set yourself up and get hurt, or freak him out
    and
    not to be so laid back that he loses interest

just be natural and make sure you are connecting with him well

happy navigating !!

17. bornthiswaybby

that's my issue. I think I might be scaring him away but I also don't want to seem as if I don't care. I'm having trouble with that part.

18. bornthiswaybby

Update: We opened the New Year together, I'm crushing so hard, he's a beautiful person. I tend to rush into things, but a good friend of his told me that if he felt rushed he would probably run far away and just distance himself from me because he likes taking things slowly before committing I guess. So I'm trying hard to know my limits, I'd make it official now honestly but if he isn't ready for that I'm 100% okay with that. I just have to be careful, I don't want to mess things up. He makes me happy and makes me want to be a better person and he's just overall really good to me. Just have to watch myself with rushing things I guess.

19. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

My bae makes me feel just that way. I want to be a better person when he's around.

Mostly you need to chill, and let him take the lead in your relationship as far as boundaries go.

You don't want to smother the spark with to much going on at once. So, take it one moment at a time, and try not to 'read' how he feels. If you really want to know, you have to ask him. Also try not to obsess over his every little foible. My bae isn't always the best at keeping in touch, and it drives me nuts. But, I'm learning to live with it

20. bornthiswaybby

Yeah I think my biggest issue is overthinking & panicking over nothing. I'll just let things progress themselves each time we see each other and try living in those moments rather than focusing on the future.