1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she into me? She says she's straight...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by what827, Dec 14, 2014.

1. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok I have this crush on a girl (let's call her Christy) and I want to know if she likes me back. I'm a 20 year old female.

We've become pretty good friends this year in school and she comes to visit my suite all the time (she's also friends with my suite-mates). She acts/dresses pretty stereotypically lesbian. She's really sporty and does basketball, and she's a goalie for soccer. She's very touchy with everyone and very nice and friendly with everyone. She's also never had a boyfriend or kissed a boy.

She says she's straight. She grew up in a very conservative catholic family.

Recently, my other suite-mate (Maya) "confessed her love" to Christy (Maya's very loud and didn't make it sound very serious). Christy kind of didn't react and just said she was fine with it. Maya is very touchy with Christy, and Christy has told me that she's thinking about telling her to give her some space.

A few weeks ago, Maya tried to "jokingly" kiss Christy and Christy turned away. Christy's brother saw and told her mom, who kind of jokingly asked if she was a lesbian and also seemed kind of mad. Christy said she was straight.

Then, yesterday she wanted to sleep in my bed with me to nap, and I agreed. Then she said I needed to turn sideways to make more room but when I was like in the "spooning" position she said no other way! (jokingly). She always flirts with me over text and in real life but I can't tell if it's just her personality. Help!!!

2. Melanie

Melanie Guest

IDK but why waste your time on that shit?

You say that youre questioning. If youre not sure about your own sexuality, its going to fuck with your mind to get entangled with someone that is either straight or confused themselves.

Ive had friends that are straight that are touchy-feely and would sleep in the same bed with me, for example.

On the other hand in the distant past I have had gay friends that did not want to be out, so they would do various things to give the appearance of being straight and be hypersensitive to appearing gay to anyone. Its seems youre alluding to that.

Its also possible that shes not attracted to you. Personally I would just go with how shes acting toward you, and she doesnt seem to be interested. If someone I was hot for was in bed with me there would be no freaking way I would tell them to turn around if they were laying toward me.