1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time between first and second date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SkyDiver, Dec 15, 2014.

1. SkyDiver

I had coffee with this guy last night... we had a GREAT time. Both clearly interested in each other. He told me at the end to let him know when I was free this coming week to plan something else.

Obviously I would love nothing more than to just meet up with again ASAP, but I don't want to come off as being desperate and too easily attached. But I also don't want to make it seem like I'm not interested and trying to put it off. So what's the appropriate amount of time between the first and second date?

Also, in between, should I be communicating with him? Or no? He's not really the biggest texter, I feel like I'd just annoy him. Maybe just to confirm the details of the next date?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three days is a good seperation. But no magic to it.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Y'know what, I think that if you want to see him or speak to him you should go for it. :slight_smile: I'm not a big texter either, but I think I'd be flattered! Don't not text him because you assume he'll be annoyed - I think it's a nice way of showing that you had a good time! I think he'd find it a bit strange if you go silent on him. If you guys get along really well, I don't think it'll be a problem. :icon_bigg

4. shinji

shinji Guest

If you are going to wait the "magical" three days, then be sure to at least give him some sort of an explanation as to why you can't make it sooner. Something like "Yeah we can meet on <insert date> because I have to <insert excuse>, so call me if that works for you".

Don't over think stuff, you've had one date and already you are trying to analyze the whole situation, trying to "play games". Imagine how things will work out later along the line, if you continue to do this. Just follow your heart.