1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down lately...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TotallyNotRando, Dec 15, 2014.

1. TotallyNotRando

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, I've been feeling down extremely lonely lately. I don't know if it's depression or being love sick. I have so much thoughts rushing through my mind daily that I can't fall asleep at night ( it's 8am and I've been up all night as I write this :/ ) I don't why but lately I've been feeling very lonely. Recently I just broken off with my friend that I fell for few years back. I believe I have gotten over him but I don't know why I'm feeling this way :frowning2: I have dated anyone since I fell for my friend. So I haven't had a relationship for at least few years. At this point, I just really want someone to love me. Anyone have any advice?

2. I can't say that my advice is good but I'll try.

Try to occupy your mind by doing things like taking up hobbies or checking out local events that offer a wide variety of engaging interests. Maybe you might find a great place to hang out at or something. I think you can find someone to hang out with and make a new friend or even find a relationship. I'm not sure if that is common because I don't even follow this of type of advice. Anyway, just try to engage in various activities and maybe see a social worker or something.

3. Candace

I feel ya. I'm depressed sometimes too due to the fact that I can't actually have a serious relationship with anyone. It's been at least seven months since I ended the last one. Do I get lonely? Yes, I do. But, realize that there are many positives with your situation right now. You get to make all the decisions that you want (no disagreements), and you can make yourself happy and just focus on you. What I always say is: you should love yourself first before you can love anyone else. You have friends, don't you? Go spend time with them and realize that you don't need anyone right now to make you happy since you are the one that ultimately can do that. I know that that probably sounds a tad cliché, but it's definitely true.

What I suggest is that you do some good for yourself. Listen to your favorite music, watch your favorite TV shows, hang out with your friends or make new ones. Think of all the things that interest you, your hobbies, etc. Go to meetup.com and find meetup groups in your city/area that pertain to those interests and go to these groups. You'll make friends instantly due to the fact that you already have a common interest, and there's bounds to be more once you talk to them.

I hope that this information helped you out in some way, since I sincerely have tried my best and giving you the best advice possible :slight_smile:

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I second what's been said above about keeping yourself occupied. Also if you're craving companionship and conversation try to talk to someone if you can when you are feeling low, even if it's just online. EC is a good place for this. The important thing is not to focus too much on the loneliness, talk about it yes but the more you internalize it when you're on your own the worst you'll feel. Instead of dwelling on negatives, try to turn them into positive plans for how to maybe meet people if that's something you crave.

5. TotallyNotRando

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your advice. I have been hanging with friends a lot, but it's weird to explain. Most of my friends (like all of them) are dating and when I do hangout with them, I'm usually 3rd wheeling. So ironically I feel more crap after hanging out with them lol.

I checked out the website your suggested and its pretty cool! I join a gamer group and hopefully I can make some new friends!

Yea I been just wanting to talk to someone lately. I will try my best to make my negatives into positives!