1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are touchy families like? confusing mixed messages

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kaminari, Dec 15, 2014.

1. kaminari

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I have this friend (cough crush cough).
    I'm almost certain she likes me back. Trust me, looking back at all my old threads there's a lot of supporting evidence. Combined with her being jealous and possessive (apparently) of me and worrying about me, there's a lot she has to explain. Except for this one foolproof. Excuse:

I have a touchy family

I haven't met them so I can't really test this out. But to what degree does this influence her? Sure, I can see that she's slightly touchy with other friends but its not like stroking hands or anything like that. How can I tell? What are 'extremely touchy families' like?

2. Calix

I wish I knew :confused: ... My mum hugs me when she is drunk or I am crying, which is rare. My dad can't hug me without making various 'men don't hug' jokes, so that doesn't happen. And my bro hates being hugged. >.<

3. Really

I have some people I've met that I don't consider more than acquaintances and when we see each other, they give me a hug as a greeting. My family was never like this so it feels odd and I think, "Oh, we're hugging now, are we?". I think if you get something like that, you can assume they're from a touchy family.
    That being said, I think if her contact lasts long enough and maybe even gets tighter, like squeezing your hand or pressing on your back, there's more to it. Add in eye contact at the same time and I think you're on to something.

4. My family is very touchy. Hugs and kisses abound. That's just the way I was brought up. A quick peck before I leave for school, nothing more than a peck though. It isn't in a weird way, it's just because we love each other. I always hug my family, put my arm around my little sister, all of that. It's just normal for us. I suppose that may have influenced me (I'm always the hugger in the group of friends) and touch is never a thing that makes me feel awkward or uncomfortable (unless of course it is overtly sexual.)