1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Crushboy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Crushboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm in the closet, and there is this guy at school who I am absolutely sure has given me way more eye contact than normal. We randomly gaze at eachother all the time sometimes it's for an extended period. Anyway, I am sure he was sending me signs of interest. But apparently I am an idiot. So I added him on Facebook, because I am really shy and was way to scared to approach him in person. Anyway I messaged him, and he responded a bit but clearly is not interested in talking. I feel like I'm acting crazy, and I'm not obsessed with him or anything. I am just super confused and was hoping I could get some advice on what this repetitive eye contact could mean.

2. Crushboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone know what his deal is. I want to be able to move on as soon as possible, and not make this mistake again

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    You looked at him first, right? people will sometimes start staring at you if they see you looking at them and they aren't sure why. Mostly to get you to stop.

4. Crushboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do not always look at him first. We stare at eachother like everyday until one of us gets nervous, at least that's why I look away.

5. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well, there was a guy in my school who would get into epic year long staring contests...

6. Erick

Hi there,

I personally don't think there are any tell-tale signs as to someone's orientation. Especially from what you describe from a situation like this.

All your information seems to be observed. When someone wants something, they will often find what they're looking for. I advise you to deal with these fantasies with cold hard facts. Get to know him. Be a friend. In every good, decent relationship I've had, genuine friendship has been a huge part of that. Your partner should be one of your best friends as well as your lover.

That's just my opinion, but it has served me well. There's no way he's going to tell you the truth about stuff unless he trusts you - and you should be the same. Respect yourself and if you really like him, then you really need to get to know him, as a human being before an object of desire. If it turns out that he isn't bi or gay or whatever, if he's a nice person then you would hopefully have made a good friend. And trust me, the bond of true friendship is something beautiful that will transcend time and physical space.

So take your time, and enjoy the journey. Don't let yourself be carried away by imposed romantic fantasies of others.

Best of Luck.