1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it a problem that my boyfriend does not sexually satisfy me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bmayne, Dec 15, 2014.

1. bmayne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well im 22 and my boyfriend is 30, i love him and we are very long distance (west coast, east coast). we talk about doing everything together and spending our lives together.

but i dont think he really sexually satisfies me that much? i think its due to his size and he is gaining weight. also we dont switch it up too much...

will this mental dissatisfaction be a problem in our relationship?

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Um, clarify me this please: Do you guys have physical contact or not?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with rawzilla... it would be helpful to know if you've ever physically met or had physical contact, or whether you're talking about something that exists entirely online.

4. TotallyNotRando

Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I don't believe that a healthy relationship revolves around sex. If you're in love, then sexual dissatisfaction means nothing.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's quite that simple for many people. Certainly there are some who are quite happy in a relationship with little or no sex, but there are also some for whom sex is an important part in the relationship. I do think that relationships built mostly or entirely on sex are likely to not be terribly healthy.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe regular physical intimacy creates an important bond between the two partners. It allows each other to open up and express themselves in ways that can not be done outside a relationship. With sex, all barriers are lowered and partners can look through each other and see one another for whom they really are. In order for this level of intimacy to occur, the sex needs to work for both parties so that each one is completely at ease, trust is maximized, and they can intimately connect.