1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend won't touch me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CallMeChristian, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Not in a sexual way, just in general. She becomes very tense when I hold her hand, she won't hug me longer than a second and our kissing is just quick pecks. That's it. Nothing else. What's going on?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people do not like intimate contact. How long have you been seeing each other?

My partner is similar. We talk about it frequently and he says that he shows his love for me by his actions rather than by words or by holding hands/hugging/kissing.

When we are alone on the sofa, we always snuggle. When we are in bed, we always are holding one another and our legs are intertwined. When we are apart, he is always texting me.

So, in regard to him showing me love, he does. He just does it in his own way.

3. Erick

It's not that she doesn't like you, it's actually the opposite. She is very :icon_redf because she doesn't want to screw up. I feel like she's nervous about "screwing up".

Make sure you assure to her that you want her to be herself and that she shouldn't be so tense or nervous about your relationship :slight_smile:

Best of Luck !

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Is it a new relationship? She could be nervous or she could just not be the touchy type

5. Batmanishere

A lot of girls are uncomfortable about personal contact. If she was raised in a family where she was abused, or simply where they don't hug or touch a lot, it may take some getting used to. My family rarely hugs or anything so when my BF was trying to be all touchy-feely with me it was a little different to what I was expecting. How long have you been dating? Is she LGBTQ?

6. David21201

This was how my girlfriend was. I gave her space to let her get used to being with a girl. Now we actually act couplish in public. She still gets mad at me for being to clingy though...
    Just give her time. Don't stress it.

7. Our 1 month is on Christmas eve. Today she was more kissy but, she didn't really reciprocate when I put my arm around her. She has said that she loves me and that I make her feel more comfortable than anybody else.

8. Seattlestudent1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This happened with me and my GF and I talked to her about it because I thought she didn't want to touch me,but she explained to me that she is very comfortable being gay, and not embarassed at all but that she doesnt like pubic displays of affection because she thinks it should be between two people only and she just doesnt see the point in it.

9. It's weird because, after I posted this, she became more affectionate. Maybe now I'm just paying more attention to the changes. She put her arm around me today, she is kissing me more slowly, I feel like she's just becoming more and more comfortable with our relationship now.