1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommates and friends.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shadowman4495, Dec 16, 2014.

1. shadowman4495

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all,

Well just to start my friend Kyle and I are roommates in college. We live in an off campus house with 2 other roommates. Basically Kyle and I came out as gay and we always talk about personal stuff to each-other. One night he told me that he believes he would be the "Little Spoon" in a relationship. I asked him why and he states its because he would feel like he would be the one who acts like a girl the most in a relationship. We talked about this over the internet. We also like to Skype a lot and play an online game. We all live in the same house but its easier for us to Skype then move stuff around in the house.

Basically I feel like i ve developed feelings for him and I don t know if he would feel the same way. I would really like to try to make a move but I m just afraid of ruining a really good friendship and the fact that we will be roommates for a long time scares me also. I really want to just cuddle him and try things out without being sexual.

Do you guys think I have a chance at trying anything, or should I just not try anything and see how this pans out over time?

Thanks for your time!

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should ask him to be the little spoon to your big spoon and see how it goes!

3. Rainbows~Exist

I think you should go for it. You're obviously comfortable with each other so even if he does reject you it wouldn't be awkward for long. I think you'll regret not asking him so go for it! I hope it works out!

4. shinji

shinji Guest

missclicked

Anyway... I would advise against being too direct with him just yet. Maybe be a bit more close and flirtatious and see if that doesn't give results. Let him warm up to the idea that you have feelings for him, don't just drop it out of nowhere.

5. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yo dude... Read my last post about my ex if you want to know my advice on this subject.

But basically me and my best friend / roommate / frat brother realized we were both gay ended up hooking up. But bc of how close we are that blossomed into a full on relationship filled with i love yous all that. We thought we were gonna be together forever.

Then I graduated and after a year long relationship, two months ago he broke my heart and dumped me and ruined our friendship and group of friends. I still struggle every single day because before we even were gay for each other we were best friends and now it's all gone.

If you guys want to casually hook up i say sure it can be fun but if you're close you're going to develop feelings. Maybe your situation will be better bc my ex told me he likes girls again so I don't think you'll have that issue.

Just tread lightly bc if you cherish your friendship going further you can ruin it all.

My post is my life is in shambles / my ex ruined my life and its in this forum if you wanna read deeper into my situation . Good luck ! I will say although im crushed now the happiest times in my life were with him

6. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would ask him casually sometime if he thinks there would ever be any possibility of "something happening" between the two of you. Make it a hypothetical question asked just out of curiosity... and see his reaction.

If you don't test the waters like this, you could both go on for a long time without ever knowing if there is any potential relationship there. Life is short. Why would you want to do that?

Basically, you're talking about the balance between the joys of what could be versus the fear of what might happen. We can't lead our lives in constant fear of what might happen or we'd never make it out the front door.

Good luck,

~Milan

7. mangotree

Since you're already close in other ways, I'd say just add a little bit of physical closeness every now and then. That way it will progress naturally if he wants that.

e.g. A hug (or a tighter hug if you already hug) every now and then, kiss on the cheek (or lips) when you're saying hello or goodbye - just a peck though - not a full on pash, start sitting closer to him on the couch/sofa, give each other foot rubs or back massages.

The other option is you could just ask him if you can kiss him, just to see what it's like.
    If he says no, the awkwardness should only last a few minutes.
    If he says yes, as Cher says "If you want to know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss".
    Just try to pick the right moment, when you're alone together and relaxed.

Most of my best friends declared their "feelings" for me when we first met, but when I said that I just wanted to be friends - it was fine.