1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not in love with him...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Batmanishere, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Batmanishere

So I have a boyfriend, but right now I am really confused about my sexuality and I am suffering from depression. He does not know about a lot of this.

I am just so upset right now that I am numb, so I don't feel a lot of feelings.

I thought that when I had a boyfriend, not only would I be happy, but that I would feel a spark, some sort of warmth I get form being around him, or a happiness just from being in his presence, but I feel neither.

In fact I actually end up being really cold to him just because I am so confused about what is going on, and at some points I feel really angry at him just because. Like, so angry that I want to slap him.

I am so confused about everything right now. He is evidently really interested in me, and I care about him, but I don't love him.

Should I break up with him? If so, how do you recommend that I do it while remaining his friend? He is a very strong supporter of the LGBTQ community.

2. mangotree

Honesty is often the best policy.
    You don't have to go into details about your sexuality etc if you don't want, but he needs to know how you're feeling and the sooner you do it, the easier it will be on both of you.
    He's probably noticed that something's up, so a serious but relaxed conversation probably won't be unexpected.

I think you already know if you should break up or not.

Be gentle.

Good luck.

3. one and only

I think that if you trust him, and you want him to know what is going on with you, and you feel comfortable with talking to him about your situation then you should talk to him. You are probably feeling all that animosity towards him because you have not talked to him so he does not know what is really going on with you. If braking up with him is the best thing for you than do it. I think that once you talk to him about what has been going on with you and what you want, then you guys can decide from there what is best for the two of you. Just be honest with yourself, do what is best for you, and if you do talk to him only tell him what you feel comfortable sharing.

4. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should talk to him. Relationships are built on honesty, trust, and love. You should be honest with him. More importantly, be honest with yourself.