1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance relationship help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BobJones, Dec 17, 2014.

1. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met this guy on ******* and we got to talking, we ended up flirting and established that he is attracted to me and I, too him. I live in Southern California, he lives in Tucson, Arizona. We are thinking of how we could possibly meet. I am 18, he is 21, so all consenting adults haha
    We have talked on skype numerous times, texted each other, and he added me on Facebook. His facebook is obviously real because it goes all the way back to 2008 and includes posts from his high school years.
    I still live at home, and I will until I can get a job and save up enough money to move out, and I can't simply drive out there because my mum is very weary about me traveling for more than 20 miles, and try flying out there with her consent... The best we can think of is him flying out here, and we both could stay in a hotel for a couple nights. The hotel is literally a stone's throw from my house, it is a 10 minute walk to get the hotel. I would help pay for the majority of his ticket and hotel room, he said that he needs to get paid time off. He's the one who brought up meeting up first.
    One thing I find very encouraging about this is that he doesn't want to rush into sex.
    Well, anyway, does anyone have advice on how this can happen?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Don't take people's words for the absolute truth. First meeting should be in a public place in the middle of the day. Go eat pizza or something, see how things will go.

I am getting this slight impression from your post, that you are rushing into things without considering the small details. Do you actually have a game plan once he comes there?

It's really important for you to establish as soon as possible, if this person is only interested in physical contact or actually wants a serious relationship.

3. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, It seems to that he has been trying to make sure that I donĀ“t just want sex in it. We have talked and he says he wants us to get to know each other better before getting too serious

4. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just be sure that you meet in the daytime. Maybe you could bring a friend along to be sure that you are safe.