1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family completely homophobic??? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bella B, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Bella B

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm almost completely sure that I am lesbian, and have not told anyone except my best friend(by accident.) I was with my family the other day, and was going to tell them, because we are really close and they are usually very supportive of everything I do, so I casually started a conversation about the topic. what I got back was an angry rant/ speech about how being lgbt is very bad, and unnatural, and they don't even want to be friends with any families that are lgbt. after 10 minutes of them yelling, and me being very shocked and trying to hide tears, they asked me if I was lesbian, and how good it was that I liked boys, because they wouldn't even talk to me if I was!!!! I don't know what to do because they never act so ignorant and mean to anyone, and I really love them, but I was really hurt and shocked! what do I do??
    Thanks!:bang: :help:

2. iiimee

Wow, I'm really sorry! I don't have much advice on how to deal with these people, but you can always talk to me and other members of the community if you need a shoulder to cry on!

3. Chriswe

I'm so, so sorry. For your safety, I suggest not coming out to them until you are older and financially stable. Again, really sorry. :frowning2:

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Remember that their opinion is not important, the action they might take based on said opinion however are. So next time you feel the need to talk to them, which hopefully will be when you're in a position of power, try to just relay the information to them and not even engage in an argument. Simply inform them and end it there. Should they have any questions they can ask you once they've cooled off. Still I do advise waiting a bit and maybe in the meantime drop some hints and possibly try to raise the LGBT topic again, without actually coming out. Just to get the idea in their head.