1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask to be called preferred name by wishlist?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chriswe, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Chriswe

Hi! So, my mom & dad asked me what I want for Christmas. (We're on vacation, that's why they're asking this late.) I know what I want, I want them to call me Chris and not my very feminine birthname. I've recently started to express more masculine and they don't seem to have a problem with it at all.
    They know I hate my birthname and that I want to change it, but I haven't had the courage to tell them to what.

My plan is to write "-Being called my preferred name: Chris. (No it's not a guy name, it's unisex name. I've told you that before.)" as a wish on my list. Would it be stupid in any way or should I go for it? It's going to be one of like four wishes on the list. Thoughts?

2. Calix

I don't think it could hurt, especially if they already know your hate your birthname and want to change it :slight_smile: