1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wolfy1, Dec 20, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so i have a problem. my sister is always telling me how i need to get a girlfriend, and i always say some lame excuse. its worked for the most part, but she just texted me trying to set me up with some girl, and she is really pushing it. im still so confused about my sexuality, and am not ready to tell her about anything yet because im still unsure of it. what do i do? if i say no then she will probably try and push out a reason... i dont know what to do.:tears:

im just so sick of this. i have to deal with it from her and my dad, constantly! i honestly feel like whenever i get around them i have to be on guard to keep the attention away from them telling me to get a girlfriend.... i just want to freekin scream " i want a boyfriend" half the time. but i cant.

any advice? please! :frowning2:

2. shadowraptor

I know where you're coming from. Every time I chat with one of my good girlfriends my sister and my mom will make suggestive remarks, anytime I go somewhere my dad will ask if I met any cute girls.. Sometimes I just want to scream STOP! :icon_wink

In your situation, because you're not ready to come out to them yet, just say you're not looking for a relationship at the moment, and if they ask why then it's none of their business. They should at least have the decency to respect your privacy. And you'll know when the time is right to tell them exactly WHY you're not looking for a girl to date :slight_smile: good luck!

3. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks for the help Shadow! it really put me at ease knowing im not the only one who has to deal with it. my dad does the exact same thing. i talked to my sister, and said i did not want to go on a date with the girl. she asked why and i just said because i did not want to, and left it at that. she did try and push it more but after that i just stopped responding, and hopefully she will get the picture. i really wish people did not assume that every one is straight, and because they do it just makes things harder. thanks again(*hug*)

4. SaharaMoose

Shadow said it better than I probably could. At school everyone constantly says, "so when are you getting a girlfriend"? I just say that I want to stay out of the drama for now, and that I am too focused on whatever I'm doing and would not have time for a relationship.