1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gre3nBoytt, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Gre3nBoytt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So...I came out to my best friend a while ago (How I did so is on my blog.) He said he was fine with it and would support me but he also said he doesn't feel that way towards me. Now he refuses to talk to me, acknowledge me, or anything like that. This confuses me as he said it was fine with him but he acts like I'm a disease. What should I do exactly? Give him time? Keep trying to get his attention? Any help would be great, thank you.

2. Rainbows~Exist

Give him some time. He'll come around. I think he thinks you 'like' him so for now assure him that you don't and give him some time to think. He's probably just shocked...

3. Gre3nBoytt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. :slight_smile: I'll try this method, and hope it'll work. Lot's of thanks. :slight_smile::grin:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think just time. And when you do talk to him, just make it natural as if nothing awkward had happened.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does take time for people to get used to the idea and they have to go through their own stages of acceptance, just like we do, ourselves. It's a lot for people to take in, so your friends immediate reaction may not be his permanent reaction.

For now, just reassure him that you like him only as a friend. I agree with other posters - he appears to be confused in thinking that you want more from him.

6. Gre3nBoytt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the great advice. I'll get started on that now. :slight_smile: Any help is great
    help...