1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I over reacting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mcclevb1, Dec 22, 2014.

1. mcclevb1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :icon_sad:My girlfriend and I are newbies to the lesbian community. This is our first lesbian relationship and we have alot of questions. We both agreed we wanted to meet other lesbian to socialize with. Originally we said other lesbian couples. However, now it's just other lesbians. My girlfriend meet a single older lesbian through a meet-up group. They appeared to have meshed pretty well. I think they talk on the phone and text on a daily basis. I expressed that I had a problem with her talking to her on a daily basis. I feel that it's inappropriate. She doesn't feel that it's inappropriate and that I am being jealous. I agree that I have smothered her in this relationship, which I know is unhealthy. Both of us have had our jealous moments. We are trying to do better. We agreed that we were unhappy, but agreed that we would work on our relationship, because we love each other. We realize that relationships goes through cycles. This relationship is so different for the both of us. Once again this is the first lesbian relationship for us.

So the purpose of meeting other lesbians was to socialize and additional support. However, I don't feel comfortable with my girlfriend talking to this older and experienced woman on a daily basis. She also said, she thought this woman was fun, interesting, and intriguing . She felt that I wasn't fun any more.

I would like to know if I am over reacting?

2. shadowraptor

I think you are overreacting a little. It's not wrong for a lesbian to have a lesbian friend: I have platonic gay friends, and straight people have platonic straight friends. I would recommend that you keep an eye on it, but you and your gf love each other a lot and you shouldn't start to distrust her until she gives you a reason to.

3. BiPenguin

If it's just talking then no, I see nothing wrong with her talking with a new friend. You only have to worry if there's little to no time for you as a priority. It sounds like you two like each other though so I wouldn't worry.