1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my friend I love her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Megrof, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Megrof

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had a huge crush on one of my closest friends for about two years now. I came out to her a year ago but she has no idea about how I feel about her.
    I don't know if I should tell her because I'm afraid it might ruin our friendship. Any advice?:icon_sad:

2. jess1531

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, is she gay? if she is then i would say go for it! but if she isn't proceed with caution. Think about how she reacted when you came out to her was she okay with it? was she happy about it? what makes you attracted towards her? do you know if she is 100% straight? these are all things to take into consideration! if you are willing to take the risk then i say go for it! but think about it hard before you jump into it!

3. ImaJen

As Jess has said above, find out her orientation first, if you can. Coming from my own experience, when I tried, all I got was an "I'm not sure." If you get that, you may just have to go for it. Of course if she is into girls give it a go also!

Well, I told a very good friend of mine that I really liked her. She was cool with it, although she is straight. It was a bit awkward for a few weeks, but we're now closer than ever, and I'm so relieved that I told her. It had been building up in my head for months and a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I said the words "I like you." http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/157847-usual-falling-good-friend.html

From my situation, my advice to you would be to go for it, you'll feel a lot better afterwards once you're more open, provided you know that your friend is accepting!

4. Megrof

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I came out to her it was a little awkward but she was really supportive and we talked about it a little. But we haven't really talked about it since. I think she might not be completely straight but I'm really not sure and I'm afraid it'll make things awkward and she won't want to be my friend anymore.