1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is pregnant.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookreader, Dec 24, 2014.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what the title says. She's 3 months currently. I'm really pissed off. I only know this because I snooped through her messages again! I don't want another sibling!!! I may ignore my parents for a while if she tells the family. Now I'm fucking mad/!!! :bang:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, this is her reality just like your reality is that you are a gay male. it really won't be that long until you're off on your own. are you out to your parents? what bothers you so much about another sibling?

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious about this too.

My only real advice is that maybe you should have and open and honest discussion about this with her. At least then you won't have to "snoop through her messages" which can't be good. I know you're angry but maybe you should hear what she has to say. :slight_smile:

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

If I were her, I would be fine with you being gay, but I would be very pissed that you were snooping through my messages, and I would change my password.

5. WallWeed

If you don't want her invading in your life, being controlling about your life decisions, and snooping through your messages, then don't do it to her.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    What bothers me is that I can't stand half of my siblings. Two are childish even though they are 4 and 5. The other one is cuckoo in the head and we are total opposites. My mom has been pregnant before but had a miscarriage. I just don't know what to do. I am not out to my parents, nor do I want them to know I'm gay. Why can't life be easier? Why couldn't I be an only child? That would be better. Any other questions, comments, etc.? Like I said before, I may go mute.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

yeah, 4 and 5 year olds do have a tendency to act childish, no question about that. but honestly, there isn't anything that you can do. this is someting between your parents. being an only child isn't always so easy. there are lots of only children who wish they had siblings. at least that takes some of the heat off of you, because they can't be spending all of their attention on you. believe me, being a teenager, it's better to be able to fly under the radar sometimes. and to get treated as a teenager. when there are no younger siblings, parents sometimes continue to treat you like a five year old, and that gets real old. I guess the biggest question in why not come out to your parents? it would certainly create a new dynamic in the house :lol:

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, we're never satisfied with what we have.
    I on the other hand would like to have siblings and not to be the only child because there'd be chance that at least one of them might live up to my parents' dream of their child getting married, having grandchildren, etc. (There's no gay marriage in my country and my gender identity wouldn't allow me to have a child on my own.)

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

but Bohemia is part of the Czech Republic. they've had legal registered domestic partnerships for same sex couples since 2006, with most of the same rights as marriage. are you saying that adoption is not legal there? :confused2:

10. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was upset as well when my Mum told me I was going to have another sibling, my 4th sibling when I was 11. But as time goes on you love them even when they are not born. I also felt really bad because my sister was born at 26 weeks.

Yeah, you might be mad and upset. But it will hopefully pass and you shouldn't take it out on your family and sibling. It is not your choice to have siblings or not, it is your mothers. So there is nothing you can do but get over it. Having a baby sibling is also good because you can help by just holding them and then you don't get told to do any jobs, XD or you can suck up to your Mum by helping her and eventually the baby.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, believe me buddy. I had 4 younger sisters. And my reaction, every time my mom announced she was pregnant again would be something like this- "WHAT? NO! AGAIN???"

But it's not the end of the world and chances are, if you're anything like me, you one day won't be able to fathom what life would be like without them.

I'm not personally a huge fan of kids myself but I adore my sisters. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I CAN naturally have kids and that's a power, like Rogue and her power stealing death touches, we don't necessarily want to take advantage of.

12. DawnM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    4 and 5 are young ages. They are still going to be childish at that age. In her situation, she's possibly concerned about another miscarriage, and that may be a reason she didn't tell you. I'm an older sister, and while I understand being frustrated with your siblings, I know that I regret having been meaner when I was younger. Thankfully I've been able to make up for it.

Just realize that it probably isn't easy on your mom either, especially having to consider that she's got other children to take care of, and respect the fact that she hasn't told you for a reason.

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Just accept that good things will come of this :slight_smile: not saying that inconveniences won't arise from this as well, of course they will, but the birth of your new sibling will start a series of events that will at many points bring goodness to you. This person that your mom is bringing into the world has a purpose, just like you do, just like everyone does for that matter. You'll recognize the significance of this new person in your life some day.

#13 Sapphire, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother had two kids from her second marriage, two girls to add to the sister I had from the first marriage. We are nine and 11 years apart.

I fell in love with them the moment they were born, it was excellent training to be a dad (a bit too much actually as I was frequently relied upon to take care of them, cloth diapers and all!).

I just had lunch with the two of them, and marvelled at the sight of all three of us, already parents ourselves, already grown-up, enjoying grown up conversations and still loving each other as they day they were born...

15. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, no gay adoption here.
    Even if I had a partner who'd have her own child I wouldn't be able to adopt that child. :icon_sad:

16. Wildside

Wildside Guest

perhaps in vitro would be an option?

17. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That is what I really hope my sisters and I will be like, we are 10 and 11 years apart. Mum also used cloth diapers for my siblings.

18. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you mean AI? It wouldn't be an option either because only a heterosexual couple can have it.

19. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Adoption is not legally possible here in the Czech Republic, although there are ways for homosexual couples to aquire a child - it is complicated though. I'm not really sure how it works, if I recall correctly you need to get married with the opposite gender (lets say a friend who wants to help you), adopt a kid, then get divorced and then live with your real partner anyway. But I am not sure about this.

20. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well thanks for the advice. I guess I'll suck it up. Merry Christmas!
    P.S. I'm the only boy in the family.
    P.S.S I heard my parents having sex when I was 8 so I knew I was getting another sibling.