1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask someone out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yuki, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Yuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't have the courage to ask a gay friend out, not face to face or any other means that he could figure out who I am. I'm afraid of rejection but more than that I'm afraid that it's gonna be awkward afterward if he rejects me. We're friends in school and are board members of a club. It would be really awkward to work together if he rejects me.

I have a couple of plans

Plan A: talk to a friend and ask her for advice/help. We both know this friend. I can ask her to help me to talk to him. And then:
    Plan A1: she asks if he's interested in anyone in school
    or
    Plan A2: she mentions me in conversation with him and find out if he has interest in me
    or
    Plan A3: she indirectly lets him know that I might be interested

Plan B: secretly give him my number and pretend to be someone else. And then:
    Plan B1: ask if he's interested in anyone, a friend or a classmate, at the moment
    or
    Plan B2: talk to him as Person X and see how it goes, kinda like a blind date (this does not sound like a good idea but whatever)

2. tulipinacup

Seems like you already know how you're going to handle this :slight_smile: I think Plan A is a good idea. I've never asked anyone out but if I were interested to someone, I would use your plan on asking a friend to know who he's interested with.
    Good luck and keep us updated!

3. soulcatcher

Just tell him 'Oi mate, wanna hit the streets?'

4. Fimo

Out Status:
    All but family
    I was in the same situation a few weeks back.
    I think that your Plan A(...) is indeed a good idea if you are too afraid of talking to him directly, like i was. Actually one of my friends talked to the girl i liked (i didn't ask for it but he did) and it helped me figuring out what to do !
    But then if your friend tells you to go for it after they talk to him, you should. It's worth it, don't be afraid !!
    Good luck :slight_smile:

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    go for plan A. Plan B is kind of unfair and deceitful to him. Better not to break his trust before you're even together...