1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I proceed? Am I just a rebound?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PalestrinaMX, Dec 26, 2014.

1. PalestrinaMX

I've known this guy for about 7 months. We became friends really quick. He would flirt with me even though he had a girlfriend. However, he never crossed any lines.

His GF broke up with him recently. Last Sunday he called me, just normal conversation, and asked me to come over to his place (I met him once only, through mutual friends back in August or July) I haven't seen him since we first met, but we always talked on phone text throughout all these months.

I really like him. So, I accepted to go tomorrow. Nothing sexual happening was implied. I know he likes me, but I know I am a rebound.

I really like him! Tomorrow I am going to make sure nothing sexual happens. However, despite liking him so much, I am not very excited for tomorrow...I guess because nothing more than a FWB thing could come out of this :tears::icon_sad:

2. zipitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't write yourself off as just a "rebound" by any means. Depending on the guy, you might not want to "put out" if you want it to turn into something more than just a FWB thing.

Just my 2 cents!

3. Notlad

How can you be sure if you're a rebound? Especially since you said he actually liked you?

4. Sek

Sek

It's hard to tell because while dating this girl he said he liked you. I guess one way to figure it out is to look at how their relationship ended, for example if it ended on bad terms then there is a chance you might be a rebound.

However if you think you might be a rebound, I would let him know how you feel about him but give it some time before you start dating. If he's still interested and keeps his feelings after some time then you should be good.