1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared I will always be on my own

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by llamahoox, Dec 27, 2014.

1. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really, really scared of spending my whole life alone. I find the thought of any guy ever being genuinely attracted to me to be totally and utterly impossible. All around me..in both the people I know and the people I know via the net..and even complete strangers on sites (such as this), talk of their lovers, wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends etc. Being surrounded by it constantly and always being made painfully aware that no one shows any genuine interest in me make sme sort of come to the conclusion that i must be one of tose people that is just never meant to be loved. I dont put myself out there...why? because I know it will be a waste of time. The world is full of handsome, socially skilled and charismatic, attractive men...not necessarily drop-dead gorgeous..but still attractive.......I am none of those things. Anyone I have liked and have made it known to them have rejected me.....because I am always just the 'friend', never the lover. For who could love someone as grose and ugly as this? obviously the answer must be nobody. Sorry to whinge like this...just had to get it off my chest.

2. Really

Hi llamahoox,
    While I don't know you, I think you need to give yourself a break. I completely understand your feeling of resignation. But look around you. Do you see some of the people out there paired up? Some of them have vile personalities and others really are nothing to look at. And they have found someone.
    I'm not saying your ugly or vile; I'm sure you're not. Give yourself a break. Do some activity which you enjoy or want to learn. Once you start feeling better about yourself, your new happiness will be evident to others and you will start to attract attention.

3. poetofdarkness

You will always be attractive to the people that matter.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. I been in your shoes and I know the feeling of thinking you will always be alone and your not good enough for anybody.

The most important part is don't be down on yourself. If you continue to think the way you do it is just gonna be a vicious cycle. Once I decided to quit thinking negative and quit thinking about what I don't have good things started happening for me. I eventually found a long term relationship and everything was working well for me and still is. I know it hard to believe good things will come to you I couldn't believe I would be where I am at today but you have to have faith good things will come your way and find things in life you enjoy doing to occupy your time.

5. Lyr110

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like you everyday. I channel my negativity and write. Let everything out of yourself no matter what way it is. The world is full of bullshit and assholes, there's one person out there who is still searching for their perfection and you are it. There's no pleasure without pain, once you get through the hell in your head now there's going to be an intervention and you'll wonder why you were ever sad. Keep your head up.

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Single people often see around them the couples and success stories. What they miss are the 90% of the population who are either in poor relationships or in no relationships at all.

they can also so 'down on themselves' that they feel they haven't a chance and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

there are things you can do to develop yourself… whether in attitude, improving social life and social ability, dress sense, physique, grooming. And things can start to go your way. It just takes a bit of inner confidence, some 'investment' and risk taking, and luck, but things can be different.