1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to deal with this in a healthy way?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Dec 28, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok me and my boyfriend moved out of state a year ago and both of our families have not seen us in more than a year. Obviously this is tough on our families cause we cannot afford to visit them and I don't think they can really afford it either. Well they always mention how they miss us and we been gone for over a year and like every family member of mine has to mention the distance every time a card comes out or a email. How can we approach this issue in a healthy way without it causing tension. I did invite my parents anytime to come visit us to ease the tension that creates but I know it deeply affects my family and I don't know how to make it better which is kind of sad. My parents and most of my relatives accept my sexuality while his family is in deep homophobic denial about it. We moved away cause his parents were homophobic and my parents were overbearing and controlling but that is all in the past and they know why we left cause of the drama they caused. But now it is all about us being gone for so long. It never gets any better.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you thought of skype ?

(*hug*)

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I was thinking of face time. They always offer face time but I turn it down cause it always is at the wrong time.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well usually it gets boring if you communicate too much... you possibly don't know what to say after some time... or its the same questions...

but having one or two sessions per month might bring a feeling of closeness...
    you might make an appointment a few days in advance...

but its up to you...