1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird situation has arisen

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brenndo, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently reconnected with my best friend from high school. We are having an extraordinarily splendid time :slight_smile:

Along with reconnecting with her, I reconnected with her cousin. He is gay. He is 4 years younger than me. When I knew him, he was 14 and I was 18. I treated him like a really interesting friend. He was so friggen funny. He didn't act like obnoxious teens. We had some similar interests. We share the same humor.

I have been trying to flirt with him a little. He went through my phone for two hours and I didn't bother to stop him, and I absolutely should have. So much personal information. I would stare at him for a while.

My friend has been pushing this relationship for a while.

I don't know what he wants from me though because he obviously is interested to some extent. He has never had gay sex and I used to be a whore, and he knows that. I've turned very conservative.

He's also made all the first moves. I'm scared to make them. But only with him because I fear I will alienate him. I fear if I mess things up I will alienate my friend. But I really want to try this.

Arghhhh tell me what to do

2. AKTodd

What sort of 'moves' is he making? How do you know he is interested in you and how has your friend been pushing you into a having a relationship with him for 'a while'? Because you said you just recently reconnected with her and since he's 4yrs younger than you, that would mean that he would not have been legally of age until recently, at least in the US. Has your friend literally and explicitly said that she wants you to have a relationship with her cousin? Or is this a matter of inference on your part?

Is it possible you're reading more into this then what is there? Because, it sort of sounds to me like you have a crush on this guy. But I'm not getting a clear picture of what he's doing to indicate his interest beyond going through your phone.

Just trying to get a clearer picture of what you're basing this on.

Beyond that, if you have concerns about messing up your friendship with your friend and with her cousin, then perhaps you could talk with them and make it clear what your concerns are.

Todd

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, what kind of moves is he making? When did this start getting weird?