1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i meet girls if I'm not out to anyone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anonymous95, Dec 30, 2014.

1. anonymous95

anonymous95 Guest

Hey, did most of you come out before you had your first homosexual relationship?

I'm not out to anyone. I'm not quite sure how to come out, but I'm not quite sure how to know for sure that I am bisexual. I have had relationships with guys, but they never met much to me. I have had crushes on girls, or so I think I have, but I have never had a relationship or any kind of experience with a girl. I don't want to "come out" if I haven't had the experience to know for sure. Suggestions or experiences you all can share? Thanks.(!)

2. IAmNotAGirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was out to my closest closest friends when I first dated a girl (and even though I am genderqueer I wasn't out about that to anyone so everyone thought I was and refered to me as female) and they introduced me to her.

She lived a few hours away so we only met once but that was one of the best weekends of my life. Only my closest friends knew she and I were dating, the rest only thought we were friends.
    She was out to everyone but was okay with that I didn't want to tell anyone.

I think that if you have someone you trust you can tell that would be good because you knewer know if they know anyone they can introduce you to?
    I've also had a girlfriend who I met through the internet, tho when I started talking to her I was fully out about my sexuality.

Remember that the most important thing tho is that she must be okay with it if you don't want to tell your friends/family about her. Don't let anyone force you out of the closet. You decide yourself when you're ready for that

3. Lyana

I'm out to a few people without ever having been in a lesbian relationship. I'd never kissed a girl when I came out for the first time, though that has changed since then. But I'd had crushes before, and I was insanely attracted to a female friend of mine, so I was pretty sure.

It may be complicated to "come out," then realize you were wrong and backtrack, but it isn't impossible. It is probably a better idea, however, to "come out" as questioning, if only to a friend. Talking about it can really help, and you won't be committing to anything. And your friend might know a lesbian or bisexual girl -- it really does help to talk to someone who knows what you're going through.

As far as meeting girls goes, it may be a little trickier than when you're out, but not that much. I'm still mostly (like, really mostly) closeted, but I know plenty of lesbians by sight, and am close to one. Also friends with a straight, but curious girl.
    Then there's always the possibility of going to a lesbian bar, or online dating if you're comfortable with that.

I understand you're questioning, but if you don't meet someone... know that you don't necessarily need to go hunting for a relationship with a woman, or an experience. It may come naturally, with time -- the opportunity to experiment, or a woman you get a wild crush on, and then you'll know.

Also, when you do meet someone, be honest about yourself -- that you're not sure this is for you, and that you're closeted.