1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've not met any lesbians!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Atala, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Atala

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Living in the UK and I think I'm living in the past or something.

I'm a gay woman, 23. I came out after graduation, which was the stupidest thing to do ever because uni seems to be the best place to meet LGBT people. I love in a small town and to date, I have only met one lesbian in my whole life and she was my PE teacher at school (about 40 years my senior!!). There aren't any LGBT events in my area (only uni based ones, and I'm not in the uni so I can't attend). I don't drink alcohol at all and I have to work long hours. Where else to meet gay women? I'm terrified that if I can't even meet one gay woman, I'll never meet THE one that I fall in love with. Plus, I feel like an alien. Everyone I know is straight.

Is this a common problem?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #2 jay777, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. Atala

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you!!! I've been chatting to people online as well, and that's been fun, it just feels a bit impersonal. I've been scouring the internet for a few months but very little comes up locally. I might have to start something up!

4. im really not sure where you are, but there isnt a gay scene in my town at all. so i have to travel around 2 hrs by bus to get to the 'scene'. do you have any hobbies that you could joina group for? you might meet someone through that, even if they arent gay it would get you meeting more people at least.

i cant really think of anywhere where there isnt a scene at least an hour away though, but then again if fund are lacking an hour on a bus/train is pretty out the question.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might think a bit where you could meet other lesbians...
    for example as spectator of female sports...
    or by visiting concerts with singers lesbians are said to like...

you might look at meetup... but like internet dating, safety should be regarded... meeting in public places first etc...

and you might think about rainbow accessoires... a bracelet, for example...

(*hug*)

#5 jay777, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014