1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this feeling?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Water lover, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So one of my friends has had a wave horrible girl friends. This wouldn't be a big deal but I used to have a huge crush on him. It has mostly gone away because I forced it to because he is straight but I just can't keep from thinking that I would be so much better for him. I don't know what to do because it's making our friendship difficult when I see his girl friend with him I feel like I want to puke. I don't even know what the feeling is because it isn't really jealousy. It must closly resembles grief and pain from breaking up from someone. I felt fine when he had a really good girl friend I was happy to see him happy. Now his girl friend is crap and he doesn't realize it. It's ruining our friend ship because I know she is going to hurt him but he won't listen to me or anyone else. I have no idea why I have these feelings or why they are so strong. Has anyone felt like this before and what did they do to overcome it?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you obviously care a lot for your friend. However, even if you have gotten over him, it's still possible that you're feeling a bit of jealousy here. If not for him, then just for the relationship.

You can't make people realise that they deserve someone better... that's something they have to figure out for themselves. It's their life, so unfortunately we can't make ourselves responsible for their well being all of the time.

I would just say to let your friend do what he wants. If you think he's getting hurt, you can express your concerns to him, but it's ultimately his decision.

3. SumitaSofat

SumitaSofat Guest

Its a great feelings of relationship.