1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of being used

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by llamahoox, Jan 1, 2015.

1. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out to a gay friend of mine 2 and a half years ago we became really close friends and stayed that way pretty much ever since. Whenever his life was falling to pieces...whcih was every other week..I was always the one he turned to. It was me who rushed him to the hospital in the early hours of the morning, it was me who lent him money even though I am not rolling in it myself...anyway, this time last year he became friends with a mutual acquaintance (Who is an evil asshole) and since then, to a great degree I have had to take second place...I am no longer the one who gets mentioned in status updates about great friends or anything like that...yet I am still the one he turns to when it suits him. I am tired of letting him do this...and he gets away with it because he knew that I liked him. Even a psychic I saw a year ago told me that he was only using me and that he egged me on because he liked the attention. Ia mjust tired of being second choice. I guess I need to cut my friendship with this guy for my own sake but it is going to be the hardest thing I will have ever had to do in my life....but i know I am worth so much more than to be treated like this. All our other mutual friends have seen how much he uses me and have said about it to me many times over the last couple of years. I so would love to have a boyfriend..but I know that cant happen until I make space in my heart, my head and my life for him....I just hope that he exists somewhere out there.

2. soulcatcher

Yeah. You should probably be more firm, decide how far you are willing to go to help him and set boundaries for him that he must not overstep.

I love the part about psychic. By the way, did you know that they are known for their cold reading?