1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting them back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LilacDove, Jan 1, 2015.

1. LilacDove

So my lovely genderqueer/trans* partner broke up with me because of me saying "lad". Saying that I was insensitive to them and their transformation. To pull it back earlier last month, we would always fight over their identity and place in the world and how thin-skinned they were because of not being accepted into the trans* community and not enough confidence to be who they express to be. I tried asking a few of my bi friends, gay friends, and one transfeminine friend on how to approach this with a better perspective. They kept telling me, "Ew, because you're straight and you expect to have kids in the future, how will that work?" or, "I think they're going through a phase, they're not trans at all!" or, "they're confused". I didn't have any leads on how to approach the relationship with the best of intentions without all of that negativity that was told to me on how this wouldn't work out. I was also under the influence one time and did mean things to them, which I didn't mean to do, like harshly questioning why they wanted to be transgender. I grew up with the thought that gay people drove away normal people and that they were "disgusting" and not natural to our society. I unfortunately projected what I was grown with onto them, and for 2 1/2 months they had to deal with me trying to grow, but also not knowing they're the first genderqueer person I knew. I tried so hard to work it out, but I slipped and it blew up on me. They said that we can "possibly" get back together, but we needed to heal and grow. I am so much in love with them, I just want them back as if we're dating again. I just want guidance on how to make this relationship better. I've already decided I wanted to get counseling done as well to get a better love and respect for them and have no doubt. What can I do?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian