1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoke to an old friend about my questioning status....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beebop, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Beebop

Beebop Guest

I spoke to an old friend whom I hadn't chatted with in quite some time and he started talking about how we should meet up, as we haven't seen each other in years. I told him he should come to my city and I could show him around. He agreed. I then got to thinking about how I've been spending more and more time in the gay-centric parts of town. I remembered how, in the past, he was not supportive of anything involving gays and even stated that if his son (who was 2 at the time) ever told him he was gay, he would disown him. That was some time ago and he's changed quite a bit since then.

As I have no intentions of hiding my efforts to deal with this struggle I'm going through, I told him that I had been enjoying spending my free time in these areas, and that I felt welcomed and accepted when doing so. I then told him that I would want to show him around those parts of the city and waited for his response.

He said he was cool with most people and didn't have any problem hanging out with anyone, regardless of their orientation, fetishes, tastes in music, etc. He then immediately added that there was nothing that I could do or say to make him end our friendship and that he loved me and would always love me. I wasn't expecting that kind of acceptance from him. It was all I could do to not start crying. He really helped lift my spirits when I truely needed it. (*hug*)

2. Lyana

That's really great! Happy for you.