1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if you love someone as a friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ellyy, Jan 2, 2015.

1. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always had issues with love and genuinely caring for people due to trauma in my early life, so its difficult for me to know if I love someone (again, as a friend) or care for them.

How can you know this? Are there any specific signs?

Thanks

2. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When you're okay doing normal activities with them and have no desire to kiss them. Also, I know for me, (I think about this), if I'd let them stay at my house overnight if they were visiting town and stranded or something, then I know I have a good friendship.

#2 Morse Code, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What? Did you not just read my question? I'm not asking how to know the difference between being in love with someone and loving them as a friend.

4. lilrocket

I think the line between loving someone as a friend, and just genuinely caring for them, as I think you're asking in your question, are totally subjective and blurred and really determined by your own personal interpretation of your feelings, and the labels you subsequently assign them.

Then maybe you're asking in a general sense, how you know if you care for someone.. and again it's just to do with your own assessment of your feelings.. if you wish only good things for them, if you feel some kind of emotional attachment where you want to help them and care about what happens to them, if you want to help them when they need it etc

#4 lilrocket, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015