1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly confused...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RadioRoss, Jan 2, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

I have a crush on a friend of mine, which i know, is probably the most cliche and over asked question on here, but that's not all. Recently, she's been talking about this girl that she's started so sort of date, but im not completely sure. I know for sure though that she has a huge crush on her, because she's talked about her a lot and says that she could talk to her for hours. I don't care that she has another friend to be close to, im happy for her and im glad she has great people in her life. I wont lie though, i feel jealous. She does often say that im adorable and attractive, so i dont know if i should take this as flirting or just being an awesome friend. Either way, i know that was she's saying does have merit.

I know that also deals with a lot of shit in her life. I try to help her out and tell her that she is a great person and that she's beautiful and a wonderful friend. I feel like when ive told her these things i sort of drop hints on how i feel about her. and im nervous that she wont want to be around me because of how obvious it is that i have a crush on her.

I'm just sort of ranting and not really asking any real questions....sorry :icon_redf

2. soulcatcher

To be honest, if she has a huge crush on that girl, she is unlikely to be interested in another person. However, given that she calls you "adorable and attractive" there is a chance that she would be interested to try dating you. She may just not have the courage to ask you out. Theorising aside, I think what you need to do first, is to find out if she is actually dating that girl and ask her about the 'progress' of their 'relationship'.

If you find out that her relationship with that girl had not worked out, (after some time) you may eventually choose to disclose some of your feelings to her. However, be prepared for slight awkwardness afterwards (if she is not interested in you). Nevertheless, if you approach this situation in a calm manner, I think that everything is going to be fine (if she is truly your friend).