1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom almost caught me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theskyiseverywhere, Jan 3, 2015.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was up late tonight because I couldn't fall asleep, but my mom walked in and freaked out. It was 3 am, like why was she up? I was watching YouTube and EC was open but in a different tab. She made me turn my computer off and go to sleep. Well, I got it back now. I just really don't want her to catch me on EC. Now I feel like I can't even do anything I want in my own room. What do I do?

2. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't be scared, at first glance, the site doesn't indicate what it is about. If someone enters the room, don't panic, pretend not to notice (if you scream and start hiding your screen it is obvious you are hiding something) and just switch on a different tab :wink:

3. overbeans

Out Status:
    A few people
    oh my gosh ;o;
    it'll be ok!!! uvu!!!
    she probably didn't even know what EC was!!!and really looking at EC it doesn't really look like what it is!!! nUn
    don't worry, it'll be fine ;u;!!!!!

4. OOC73

Politely tell her that at the age you are now, a little privacy in your bedroom would be appreciated and if she could knock first that would be great.

Mums sometimes do get up in the middle of the night you know ;-) we can't sleep too from time to time. But your mum might need a little guidance on acceptable boundaries now you are of an age where a little privacy is an essential part of your healthy development. She's been used to wandering in and out all these years, so unless you've actually said "Mum, it's time I was allowed a little privacy in my room" she might not realise your boundaries have changed.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

5. IG88

Definitely. She shouldn't walk in like that, especially at 3am when you're supposedly sleeping. What did she expect to find? Either you sleeping or perhaps watching tv or something. Not a good time of the night for a meal or deep talk with your mom, right? Lock the door, otherwise ask her to knock first, as you would show her thesame courtesy if you wanted to knock on her door at 3 in the morning.