1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One night stand?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fallenfromgrace, Jan 3, 2015.

?

Should I go ahead with a one night relationship?

1. Go for it

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Let him go

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Fallenfromgrace

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys i'd love an opinion on one night stands.

My sitch is that I hooked up with a guy on the dancefloor the other night, and I asked him then and there if he would be interested in a relationship, to which he replied that he was only interested in sex, which didn't surprise me. He also said that he'd only be in the country for a few more weeks (which makes sense given he's from Brazil).
    Anyway he asked for my number and I gave it to him, knowing that he'd only ever be interested in a one night stand basically.

So me, not being particularly sexually active is considering whether to go ahead with it or just let him go.
    I would say that I am sexually attracted to him, but I wouldn't say that he is completely what i'm after.

SO basically, I just want anyone's opinion on what the best course of action would be. From your own experiences, are one night stands ok (is there a 'slut' stigma attached)? All viewpoints welcome!

I am seriously conflicted, given that I would be interested in sex, but I don't know if i'm the kind of person who gets attached or not.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Why not? I want a serious relationship too but that doesn't stop me from having fun in the mean time.

3. AKTodd

As long as you're going to feel ok about it, then there's no problem.

The whole societal notion that how much sex you have and under what circumstances says anything about you as a person is nonsense.

Todd

4. DanJames

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a one night stand with a guy and it was so awkward afterwards when I told him I wasn't interested. He still messages me and has taken the assumption that I'm backwards thinking and a little bit crazy. I think he was expecting us to end up together or something - it was far too much fuss.

Its fine as long as you both know that it's a one time thing and you use protection (not to sound like your parents). But go for it for sure, you only live once after all!