1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused; Is this just friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Priceless, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Priceless

Hm, where do I start?

Let me start off by saying I am bisexual but never came out about this. Over the past year, I met one of my best friends in the world, Kevin. I didn't know how far we would become as friends, but he quickly became my best friend in over a few months. He's the nicest kid I've ever met and doesn't have a nasty sense of humor. Now, since the first time I met him, I had suspicions that he was gay. Hey, if he is that's great, if he isnt, that's fine too.

We text frequently, and each conversation ends up with us talking about which one of us is more amazing. (Sounds weird, but this is what happens. I say he is, and he says I am.), and he texts with words like "amazinger" and "bestest friends" and will occasionally say "AWWW, THATS SO SWEET". We are both Upperclassmen in High School.

The other day, I went over to his house. We went downstairs and we played some games, nothing unusual. After that we just talked about life and stuff. Later, I just picked him up off the ground and started carrying him around for the hell of it. By this point, I already know I'm attracted to him. He didn't fight it and he did, at one point, put his arm around my shoulder. As I sat back down on the couch, with him, I put him on my lap and he didn't move at all, and we continued our conversation.

That happened a few times. He kept asking if he was crushing me, and I said no it was fine. I wasn't sure if he liked this or not. And he also has never come out to anyone about him being gay if he is. Then, he tried to pick me up and give me a piggy-back ride (Which he couldn't, since he's uh, pretty weak). So I thought maybe he did like it. After another time of putting him on my lap, I just looked at him and said "I'm really glad I came here," and he looked back at me and said "Me too," and just stared at eachother for 3 seconds. It's not long but it's something.

So, my question is... Is he gay/bi? He's told me he liked this girl and they both like eachother, at least they both say (Since I'm also friends with the girl) but he never acted on it. I haven't been attracted to another guy until I met him.

2. turtlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I dont know what he is gay, straight, bi but he likes you a lot. How would you feel about telling him you are bisexual? Or just get on the topic some how and share your thoughts and see what he says about the topic. At least thats a starting point.

3. Priceless

Hello, thanks for responding! When you say he likes me a lot, do you mean just as friends or something more? And yeah I've tried to bring up, a few times, something about homo and bisexuality, but he doesn't want to talk about it much.

Also, forgot this in the opening, but we would continually interlock out fingers throughout the night and he made no effort to pull away.

4. happyhamster144

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you saying that effectively you were holding hands with each other and he did not pull away.
    Only you were there, why don't you just spend some time together as friends , try to talk to him about your sexuality if it feels right and see where it goes.

#4 happyhamster144, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aw, this is so cute! >.< I'm not sure whether he is gay or not, but based on what you guys were doing with each other, I don't think he's completely straight either. I don't think straight guys would let anyone do that. In addition when you said "I'm glad I came here" to him, I have a feeling he knows why. And since he said "me too" I think there is a great chance he is interested in you too, but just doesn't want to admit it. If it comes up, try telling him you're bisexual. Ask if it bothers him. And maybe when you tell him, he'll reveal his sexuality as well. I hope this helped. Good luck! :icon_wink

6. Priceless

Yeah, basically.

That is true, only I was there with him. I haven't come out to anyone, though. So I don't want to just jump the gun with this. He's the only one that ever made me feel this way, so if there is nothing saying that he IS gay/bi, I don't know if I would want to come out just yet to anyone, even if it is him.

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2015 at 09:23 AM ----------

This helped a lot, thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure about his sexuality. Maybe he's just curious? I know that other straight guys just wouldn't let that happen, so I don't know. Thought maybe I was looking to far into this, but thank you!

7. Priceless

Also forgot this important bit.

He is a slight germaphobe. With the slightest touch of something, I've seen him immediately go and wash his hands. He's admitted that he is one as well. Just something to note, I guess. Not sure if it means much.

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Ok, he has sat on your lap, you've held hands and eye contact.

I really don't know of a straight guy that would do that, even with the closest of friends. Not alone. Not intimate.

Take things slow. Don't try and guess though. Do more things with him and see where it goes.

You need to be ready to be outed though. You go down a path, it is a risk. (Read my sig for advice on that.)

9. Priceless

Thanks! Next time we hangout I'll let you guys know how it goes!

10. Priceless

Bad news is I have musical rehearsals from now until the end of March... I will barely have any time to see him. :frowning2: