1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jameslover, Jan 3, 2015.

1. jameslover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We've been friends since middle school, and are very close.
    Our relationship sometimes gets very close to gay. He once rested his head on my shoulder, strokes my hair, etc, etc. I often return the favors; once, I managed to out my arm around his torso and he didn't back away or anything. But I'm still not sure if he's gay or straight, or even questioning. Occasionally, it seems like he breaks out of a stupor and tells me to get my hands off him or something like that, often in a light tone.
    It escalated recently with a sleepover at my house. Throughout much of it, we were in contact in some manner. For example, while we were watching something, I started rubbing my hand against his arm and later did the same, just with the foot and leg. Later, he got into an extremely plush bathrobe, giving me a good excuse to basically starts stroking his back, arms and legs. It got even better when we went to bed. Due to space constraints, we shared a sofa-bed, while my other friend slept on the floor. During the night, it was exhilarating. I got the closest I have ever been to a non-relative. His lips were literally inches away from mine. Apparently, he was asleep almost the entire night, meaning he was pretty darn restless. At one point, I was holding his hand and stroking his leg with my foot.
    When we woke up in the morning, he didn't seem to remember any of it. My question is this: is he gay/questioning? Was I right to possibly have taken advantage of him that night, even if I didn't know he was asleep?
    Btw, we're both 15 and neither of us has ever had a girlfriend (though we both said we had crushes).