1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a gay relationship have just as much happiness as a straight relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Jan 3, 2015.

1. gaynerd64

It's really a stupid question, but everything on the Internet was bias and I don't know any gay people in a relationship in real life. Can a gay couple be just as happy and committed as a straight couple?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not married, but i've been in a relationship with another guy for 8 months, and i'm really happy. There is no difference between our relationship and a happy straight relationship.

3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my dad is convinced I'm gonna be sad and lonely and age alone as a gay man, because i can't have kids, and gay's are selfish because they don't reproduce with sex, I won't let his sadness bring me down.
    There are plenty of straight people who are unhappy as hell even with all their straight privileges, they have the ability to make kids is the main difference: do kids guarantee happiness, NO!, unplanned pregnancy, child care costs when you can hardly make ends meet,birth defects, then when they grow up you have: rebellious kids, teen pregnancy etc. Then some straight people are infertile. Plus straight people can cheat, fight and abuse each other. I don't have to have kids to fulfill my happiness, I'm not being selfish either, there are plenty orphans, homeless and unplanned kids created by irresponsible child birth who need food, clothes and shelter, why do i have to make a kid when they are soo many in need who are suffering, i'd gladly donate to charity and volunteer. Some straight people even prefer to adopt regardless of their fertility situation.

4. AKTodd

I've been in a monogamous relationship for 18yrs this December (we got married earlier this month:grin:) and while I'm not really sure how to measure 'happiness' in any objective fashion, I'm certainly pretty darn happy.

Being in a relationship (straight or non) certainly doesn't solve every problem. But I don't think we have any more issues or challenges than any straight couple and probably fewer than many.

Todd

5. Lipstick Leuger

I have been monogomous 11 years, and commited/married for 7. I know two couples that have been faithful and together for 45 years and 47 years. First one lesbian, the second gay guys. So, it happens. A friend of mine was together with his partner for 27 years, but just lost him to cancer. So, it happens. Just like any couple they have ups and downs, some have had children and some not.

It can be harder to have a healthy relationship for gays because society does not support it. It can be hard to hold hands in public, or kiss or be affectionate, and this can weight on a relationship. Also, some people are not safe at work so they are not out. This can cause problems at work gatherings and with making friend at work. However, on the positive side, the friends you make, and those that know you are gay are amazing support. You will make friends that become your family and you can also have children. You just plan it a bit, but your children will always be planned and very much wanted. So you get both good and bad, but you get to be who YOU are.

6. haven't been in any big relationships, but I don't see why not. you're both human right? and feel human love and emotion, which creates happiness. if that makes sense?