1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Paladin2, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Paladin2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So about three months ago I met this really amazing girl and it was one of those instances where everything just seemed to fall into place for us. We have a few differences, mainly differing opinions on social issues and things of the sort, but what I love about her is we can have good discussions on why we think what we do and respect the other persons viewpoints even if we don't agree. One thing that I can't seem to get past though is her job. A little while ago she had to become a stripper (circumstance kinda forced her into it). I have nothing against strippers--in fact I know a lot of them are great people and they're just doing what they have to do to get by and they take their job very seriously, but I have a problem with my girlfriend being one of them. She knows I don't like her job and keeps telling me it's just temporary, but the things that get to me is when she talks about all the perverted guys who try to grope at her, or how she's 'actually kind of having fun', or all the new moves she learned, or when she sends me pictures of herself in her stripper outfits unaware of the fact that it doesn't turn me on--just makes me feel like another customer. I know to her I'm not, she's even told me that, but I can't help feel that way. She's a completely different person when she turns into 'stripper girlfriend' and though I'm doing my very best to be as supportive and understanding as I can, I don't think she'll ever understand just how much it bugs me...besides this one little thing though, she perfect! I'm crazy about her and don't just wanna give up on this. Any advise?

2. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm surprised no one had responded to this yet...anyway, try talking to her about it. I know you said you told her you didn't like her job but let her know it's more than just that. Tell her how it makes you uncomfortable. Tell her that she becomes a completely different person. Tell her that you feel like another customer. Tell her everything you just said here and do everything you can to make her understand. However, that being said, if she chooses to keep being a stripper, keep doing your best to be okay with it. If you love her, you should be supportive of her no matter what. And maybe do a lot of fun, romantic activities with each other to feel less like another customer. That way it'll feel more like a relationship. Just make sure she doesn't lose track of what's important, which is your relationship. As long as she focuses on that, try your best to be supportive of her. I'm sure she is supportive of you, right? But I think the best, most effective thing to do is talk to her about it, explain how it makes you feel. Hope this helps.