1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding Hands and Cuddling with my Bestfriend.. is he bisexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by idkme, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idkme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Last night, my best friend of 3 years and I spent the night at my apartment. We are both guys in our early 20s. I am bisexual, but still in the closet, and he is supposedly straight. I've secretly liked him from the first day I met him but have started to fall for him the past year or so. Me and a few other friends suspect that he might like guys too but Ive never confronted him about it.

He came over yesterday and spent the entire day with me writing music. As day turned into night, we eventually laid down on my bed and talked for a while. We decided to watch a movie on my laptop. So I turned out the lights, got my laptop and got under the covers with him and I started the movie. We were laying right beside each other, almost touching, with the laptop on my legs, and I nonchalantly put my arm around him. He didn't say anything or react negatively so I left it there for a while. Eventually I put the laptop on him and at some point decided to take it further and rested my head on his shoulder and crossed my leg over his. I cant remember what exactly was said during all this but the mood was always light that night and we were having a great time enjoying each others company. Not once did he ever resist any advances and he made a few advances himself also. Several times throughout the 2 movies we watched, one of us would have to get up for something, but when we came back we would always go right back to cuddling. One time, when my hand and arm was resting on his chest, he grabbed it and to my surprise just started holding it like we were bf/gf with our fingers interlocked. Occasionally we would gently rub each other with our hands or feet. Eventually we got sleepy and both fell asleep. We woke up about an hour later and he was laying on his back and I had my head on his shoulder with my face touching his, we were still holding hands, our legs were crossed, and his arm was around me. One time he looked at me and said "This is sooo gay" and I jokingly repied "Well, you are gay so shut up". He just kind of just smiled and put his head back down.

He is my absolute best friend, and we have been getting really close recently. He has other friends and so do I, but neither of us show that kind of affection to anyone else. This was the first time anything like this has happened. He always tells me he loves me and I do the same when we say goodbye.

I am bisexual myself, Ive been with plenty of girls, but never have I done anything like this with a guy because im still so deep in the closet. It felt so magical to cuddle with him and hold his hand.. I never wanted him to leave in the morning, although I never told him this.

I have so many questions but Im terrified of bringing it up to him because I dont want to ruin our friendship if he doesnt feel the same way as I do. What do you all think? Do you think he has feelings for me? Should I talk to him about what happened or should I just keep letting our relationship progress naturally?

Unfortunately he went through high school being called gay by all his friends and was picked on in other ways because of his shyness. If he is bisexual, I know he would be terribly afraid of coming out to me because of all the crap he used to get. Im afraid that it has been drilled into his head that "being gay" is a bad and unacceptable thing.

2. Priceless

This sounds very similar to an experience I just had with my best friend. We would continually interlock our fingers and I put him on my lap and he did nothing about it. I loved it.

I also question my friends sexuality, so I'm not entirely sure myself of what to tell you, but I would probably say he's at least bisexual.

3. mapleluv

To my knowledge, normal straight friends (especially male friends) to not typically hold hands & cuddle. So there's probably some more-than-friends feelings happening for him!

Honestly, if I were you I would casually talk to him about it, especially if it happens again. Maybe just saying something to the effect of, "Hey, I'm really attracted to you, & I'm getting some vibes that you're attracted to me to?" That way, you don't have to divulge your sexuality or pressure him to tell you his. At least then you're putting your cards down on the table; then it's his move!

4. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :icon_winkThis is so adorable!! I definitely think he is at least bisexual. Straight guys generally wouldn't let another guy do things like this to them. Maybe get together with him again like this. And when something a bit romantic is going on, tell him things that would just hint to you liking him and observe how he responds. Does he smile? What does he say back? Does he start acting different? Things like that. If he doesn't understand then after a while, if you still have feelings for him, confront him about it. But first, tell him that you're bisexual. Then I would confess to him. But let him know it's okay if he doesn't like you back and that you'd like to stay friends despite this. I may not have the best advice. But I hope I helped.:thumbsup:

5. indiqo

this is so cute :')

I'm not sure, maybe he is a super affectionate friend. the thing which makes me think it is something more is the caressing bit.

good luck!

6. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From what you've described, it sounds like he's at least curious. It sounds like more than your typical "just friends" stuff. It's possible that he's just an extremely affectionate person, but the act that he was carressing and that he just smiled at you when you said he was gay leads me to believe otherwise.

If you want to find out, you need to make him feel comfortable. If he feels at all uneasy or uncomfortable around you, if he suspects the chance of a negative outcome, he probably won't tell you. You might put your cards on the table, as Mapleluv said, and be as open with him as you want him to be with you. If you keep secrets, you can't really expect him to share everything with you.

I wish you the best of luck!

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG this is really really cute! :3

I'm pretty sure he is at least curious, probably bissexual or gay, as others said.

If you are interested, why don't you ask him to come over and watch movies again? You don't need to tell him anything more than that at first, but if he accepts it, then you may ask something more while you two are watching the movie...

If you want, keep us updated! I'm curious (sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )!

8. idkme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you to everyone for all the love, support, and advice! You all have really helped. Ive decided Im going to take things slow with him and let things progress naturally. I don't want to be pushy or try to force it out of him and it turn him off/away, or worse ruin our friendship..

I've seen him twice since that night everything happened. The first time was yesterday afternoon. I was so tempted to ask him to watch a movie with me again but we really didn't have time, and I didn't want him to think I just wanted to cuddle with him again. Not much happened that day and he didn't stay long because we both had other stuff to do. The only significant thing that happened was right before he left. We were both sitting on my bed when he told me he had to go. It bummed me out a bit and I laid down and told him I didn't want him to leave. Then he just started rubbing my back. He stopped after a few seconds. I told him there is no way Im letting him leave without a few more minutes of that. So he started rubbing my back again and then got up and sat on my ass and continued. After a few minutes, I turned over, grabbed him and tackled him to the bed (he didn't put up much of a fight lol) and started to return the favor. I also added in a head massage to go along with it. You could tell he loved every second of it :slight_smile: This went on for about 5 minutes and then he left.

After work, he came over again today. He could only stay for about an hour and then he had to go hangout with one of his girlfriends (that is, a friend that is a girl). After that, he came right back over and hung out some more. We were going to watch a movie and I was excited, but unfortunately we ended up not doing that because again there wasn't enough time. We hung out a bit more, and I rested my head on his lap for a bit while playing guitar. He didn't seem to mind at all. He had to go shortly after.

He should be coming over tomorrow. I'll keep yall updated on everything that happens. I wish sooo bad that things would progress faster, but Im too afraid of pushing too far and too afraid of just bringing up the subject and talking about it. If I could just get as far as a first kiss then I would know he likes me as more than a friend. I would be the happiest guy on the planet <3 It seems every minute of every day I can't stop thinking about him and that night. I may end up just talking to him about it if I get too impatient. Wish me luck.

9. IG88

Awwww this is so cute! :slight_smile:

Keep us updated and good luck!

10. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, you are doing good on taking things slow, everything seems to be progressing naturally :slight_smile: Keep it up and keep us updated! :grin:

11. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it seems like he's interested and at least curious.

Taking it slow is fine if that's what you want to do. But eventually one of you will have to take a bit of a risk and either confess feelings/come out or make some kind of move.

Keep us updated :slight_smile:

12. idkme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im having a lot of anxiety right now and just feel sad in general. Every thought i have is about him. I can't get him off my mind. It's like im being tortured by these thoughts because I wake up with them and go to sleep with them. I can't stop trying to decide in my mind if he's into me or not. It's like a merry go round going back and forth between he likes me and he doesn't like me. Just when I think I've figured it out, my mind tricks itself into thinking otherwise. I need something to take my mind off him.

13. indiqo

I'm still squeeing about this.

you have turned me into a pile of mush. it's so cutee.

I hope things turn out well. I can relate so much to being driven crazy thinking about someone. I have feelings for my friend too. it sucks.

would it be possible to confess to him that you are bisexual?

14. claudian

Aw this is soooo cute! The same thing happened to me this summer. We used to cuddle all the time and I was so confused because I liked him a lot but I was also discovering that I am into girls so I was really scared. Then he kissed me :love:
    You said he's supposedly straight so I don't think you should talk to him about being gay/bisexual or something like that, or at least not now because you could scare him away.. So take things slow and eventually something will happen! Good luck!!

15. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YES congrats! I hope everything works out. Good luck! Keep us updated! :thumbsup:

16. Everything about this thread makes me happy. <3

17. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You did not mention passion, why is that ? Otherwise I can relate myself to your story.
    In my case things were other way around. Very passionate with hard-ons, but I was that sensitive one and did not like him to come over me, so he got angry and left. We are still friends, but we don´t see each other any more. Few e-mails during the year...

Of course I miss him dearly, since we were very honest about everything and I loved him.
    I just felt, that to him it was more sexual experience than to me. I mean, that I envy you about the way you cuddle and be gentle with each other.

Things will develop without too much planning ahead. Just take it easy with him, since you seem to be so good friends already. Nature will show it´s way how two of you will get along in the future. Imo without passion you cannot have a sexual relationship with each other. You will just be friends...and perhaps that is the best.

Keep us informed, best of luck to you!

18. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

AAAWWW! :lol: This is so cute! I'm sure a totally straight guy wouldn't do any of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.