1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't stop thinking about this woman I slept with- help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mapleluv, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mapleluv

I have the hugest crush on this woman. I've never felt about anyone the way I feel about her. It's like I'm a teenager again, but worse! Ugh.

We spent a couple of intimate nights together & they were absolutely incredible. She's absolutely everything I'm looking for in a partner & we get along so well, & the feelings are mutual... but unfortunately, just due to complicating life circumstances, there's probably no possibility of us being a couple anytime soon.

The "probably" is what's getting me. I just keep daydreaming that maybe something will happen, or even just maybe we'll sleep together again. And honestly, it's starting to affect my productivity at work. So it needs to stop.

How do I stop thinking about this woman?! It's driving me crazy. :bang:

2. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in the same situation before. I've learned that once you love someone that much, there is no way to stop thinking about them. Just try to enjoy the thoughts of her. And since the feelings are mutual, there is a big chance she thinks about you just as much. Maybe it'll lift some extra thoughts off your mind if you talk to her about it? Let her know how you're feeling and what you're thinking about, and if she thinks this way too. It may relieve some of that stress and let you work efficiently. But to sum this up, there's nothing wrong with thinking that much about a person, just try not to let it affect you in negative ways. Think of it positively.:icon_wink

3. NatWheeled

Hmm...why wouldn't it work out?

4. mapleluv

Honestly, I'm really nervous that I'm just being a complete dork about this & she's totally over me by now, so I kinda don't want to bring it up. (It's been like 2 months since it happened.) I don't want to look desperate or seem needy. And I do want to stay friends with her at least, she's really cool in general as a human being. Plus I really don't want to make things awkward for when we're back working together (see below).

Distance is the main factor; we're both locked into multi-year contracts at our jobs multiple states apart. (Although she did say she'd consider breaking contract...) I met her while I was in her city for work for a few months, we were co-workers... & now I have to go back in another month. And I have to see her (at least) every single weekday for 2 months.

It's soooo hard to be just coworkers/friends with someone you want to get naked with!

5. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay firstly, you aren't being a dork about this, and everyone gets worried that their crush will either get over them or just doesn't like them at all. It's normal. Be honest with her and yourself. Not saying you have to now, but if you wait a while and you still have feelings for her, tell her. Confessing love is always a bit awkward, it can't be helped. But you can't live your life loving her and not being able to express it with her. But for now, just act like friends, don't let your thoughts make something beautiful into something negative. Good luck with her! :thumbsup:

6. mapleluv

Very true! I guess it's better to at least make your feelings known than to just think about it forever... but it's still really hard when you're in the situation to put yourself out there. I'm not very confident when it comes to this sort of thing.

7. AthenaEvince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm going through this exact same thing. well, perhaps not exact. but the potentially mutual feelings, days and nights that are incredible, circumstances that wouldn't allow for it to work, distance, daydreaming...

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 08:50 AM ----------

Ugh. good luck, dear.