Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Family, Friends, and Relationships

Family, Friends, and Relationships Support and advice for any problems with relationships with family members, friends, partners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th Jan 2015, 04:52 PM   #1
EC Addict

Orientation: Gay

Girls who fall in love with gay guys.

Don't you feel bad when a girls falls for an obviously gay guy?

Forget all the stereotypes about gay guys and fashion and being outgoing and to me the essential reasons why straight girls fall in love with gay guys is that:

they don't feel threatened; gay guys are easier to talk to about non sexual stuff because they aren't thinking about their vagina they feel safe because gay gays aren't sexually aggressive towards straight women, they never heard him talk about other girls so they don't expect him to cheat.

In fact in these cases straight women check out and are sexually aggressive towards gay men ironically.The gender roles kinda switch, the man is the, passive, apparently innocent one sitting alone showing what his papa gave him, minding his business, waiting for someone where a women approaches him to try to flirt to try and get some. Several straight girls around me always talk about how this guy that walks is soo hot every 2 minutes, they have pictures of shirtless guys on their tumblr, checking out guy's butts, who must have a big penis and all that jazz.
Chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Well Known

Out Status: A few people

Re: Girls who fall in love with gay guys.

I love girls as friends. They're awesome.
I hope no girl ever falls for me romantically. It would suck for both of us. I am worried it's going to happen someday. Anybody know tips on preventing it?
Tritri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Water lover

Tournaments Won: 75

I have no idea on how to prevent it. I need ideas on how to stop it. It sucks and I hate it but the OP's post says pretty much everything about out "relationship" because I don't want to have sex with her basically means she wants to talk to me all the time.
Old 8th Jan 2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Queen Bee

Out Status: Out to everyone

it's happened to me, I've been asked out lol. Quite awkward.
bornthiswaybby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2015, 10:27 PM   #5
WhiteShadows

Orientation: Gay but I don't know
Out Status: A few friends know that I'm confused

Happened to me lately... I just told her I was gay before she got too attached to me...

It's always a bit awkward/sad
WhiteShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2015, 11:25 PM   #6
I just am

Orientation: Pansexual
Out Status: All but family

I fell in love (well, let's say massive crush + strong friendship) with a gay guy, and it realy had nothing to do with his sexuality. I was one of the first people he told when he thought he was bi, then realized he was gay.

I had a crush on him from the moment I laid eyes on him, so way before I knew he wasn't straight. We became close friends very quickly and of course I developed stronger feelings for him, I ended up knowing he was gay, we remained close friends, the crush faded.

I think most girls try to repress feelings for a guy they know are gay, anyway, like I would repress a crush on a straight girl friend because it's not going to go anywhere.
Old 9th Jan 2015, 07:45 AM   #7
Well Known

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Various

I know a girl who likes gay and bi guys to the point where it is a turn on for her. Unfortunately she is also the type that gets attached so quickly and saying the L word in a matter of days.
badluckfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2015, 10:00 PM   #8
I'm your huckleberry

Orientation: I don't even fucking know anymore.
Out Status: Out as gay to a lot of people.

Apparently it's not obvious that I'm gay, so I've had a few girls try to flirt with me and I'm like please. Just stop making a fool of yourself. Please. The last girl that did that is like 13 and she already acts like a slut. She gave me a bunch of complements and then she said "Don't think I'm flirting with you." And I was just LOL inside. It's actually kind of annoying. I imagine it's worse for masculine gay guys because girls probably find them attractive more often.
EpicConfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2015, 11:43 PM   #9
Figuring it out one day at a time

Out Status: 14 down, bunch more to go ;)

What about girls who fall for guys who are deeply closeted, or guys who haven't even realized they are gay themselves?
“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” - Dr. Seuss
awesomeyodais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2015, 11:29 AM   #10
Cool with the Uncool

Orientation: Gay as hell
Out Status: Everyone but family

This has happened to me a few times actually. With the three times it's happened, I've ignored them or told them I just didn't want to be in a relationship out of fear that coming out to them will have lead to me being outed by one of them in a fit of rejection rage or something.
Old 10th Jan 2015, 11:49 AM   #11
Call me Leo :)

Out Status: Out to everyone

It's happened to me I fell completely head over heels for my gay best friend. I perfectly knew he was gay, but that didn't stop me! Although it hurt, I also lived my happiest moments with him. I've had the luck to fall in love with a really kind and comprehensive guy ^^

To answer your question, there is a simple thing you can do in order to prevent it from happening, which is to restrain your interactions with them. Obviously, if you care about the person, this will hurt you too, but if she doesn't see you or talk to you that often, she'll end up forgetting you. If you can't do that because you yourself care too much about them (if, for example, like in my case, you two are best friends), I recommend you act like my best friend did: be kind and clear on what you want, don't give her any false hopes. It is important that you are supportive, because she's probably hurting more than you do. Be there, try to cheer her up when she is down, and it should pass with time. It took me a long time, but now I am not crazily in love with my best friend any more, so just be patient and she'll forget about it
Zelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2015, 01:36 PM   #12

Out Status: Best friends only

You don't imagine how annoying it is when you are still in the closet and dont want to tell that person...
I have had times when i was flirting with a guy and a girl swooped in and scared the guy away...
geroni211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2015, 01:52 PM   #13
Rebel

Out Status: It's not a secret

My friend was in love with a gay guy. It was awful. She tried to say to herself that maybe he is bi, and maybe he will fall for her. She never told him about her feelings, but she blamed, cursed him when he didn't give her attention or didn't text back... she just couldn't understand that she can't have him.

It sucks to fall in love with a person you can never have, either it's a lesbian falling in love with a straight girl, or gay guy falling in love with a straight guy... or straight girl falling in love with a gay guy, or whatever... it SUCKS.
Old 11th Jan 2015, 01:28 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry

Orientation: I don't even fucking know anymore.
Out Status: Out as gay to a lot of people.

I wonder why I don't hear about straight guys falling in love with gay girls ever?
EpicConfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2015, 01:55 PM   #15
Love

Orientation: So you've got genitals
Out Status: Not a secret and yet some people are suprised

Oh....straight guys fall for lesbians more than you know. It's just as awkward and disappointing all around.
Cause I’m going to make this place your home.
Romi is offline   Reply With Quote