1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend trubbles. please help out.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by superwholock, Jan 4, 2015.

1. superwholock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    the basics. Im a girl, and im a lesbian. And girlfriend is also a lesbian. Weve been dating for a little over a year and things have been going fine.
    Just recently my girlfriend tried to kill herself. When she told me she was about to, I called someone who lived in the area and told them to check on her.
    I think she was just doing it for atention.
    But ever since, I want to talk to her, but I also dont. Everytime I think about it, I wanna talk but when im around her I dont even want to talk at all. I just keep saying stuff like ya, sure, fine, ok. And it kinda driving me crazy that I cant talk to her anymore.
    She thinks im going to break up with her, but I dont know if I want to ot not..... any advice?

2. Gen

Gen

Sometimes when we don't feel comfortable saying whatever we truly want to say, we choose to say nothing. It sounds as though the question of whether she genuinely felt suicidal or not in that moment is still bothering you. What is it that makes you feel she made those claims for attention?

3. superwholock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She just took like ten ibuprofen, and she told me once that she was cutting and sent me a picture of deep cuts on her arm, but when I look, theres nothin there...

4. superwholock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Im not sure why but I think shes lying to me

5. Gen

Gen

This can be a difficult position to be in because we never want to question the honesty of someone who is genuinely suffering with suicidal thoughts, but we don't want to encourage someone who is committing actions for the sake of attention to continue to do so. Ultimately, she already feels that there is something that your aren't communicating to her. The more that addressing this issue is avoided the more it will fester inside of you. I would start by letting her know that when these events occur she isn't the only one who is affected by them. Although you don't want to make it seem as though you are suffering more than she is when she commits this actions, it doesn't mean that you aren't hurt by them. When we do harm to ourselves, we also do harm to those who care about us.

Regardless of whether she is being genuine or doing this for attention, there is no doubt that there are serious issues that she needs to face. I would encourage her to seek out a professional and be firm with the reality that you want to see her get help. We never want to end a relationship when the other person is in a vulnerable or reckless state, but there is much truth in the saying that we cannot help those who don't want to help themselves.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian