1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend tried to kill herself.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by superwholock, Jan 4, 2015.

1. superwholock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My girlfriend tried to kill herself... kind of. She took some pills and said she wanted to die but it wasnt enough to kill her and now shes acting super attached. And I dont wanna talk to her, dont wanna look at her. Dont even want to text her. Recently it feels like shes annoying and makes me mad... I still love her and want to be with her, so why am I so mad at her?

2. kaminari

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh no I'm so sorry!

She has issues. She wants to feel secure and loved - seeing you as perhaps the sole provider of that. That could be why she clings. Maybe you're angry BECAUSE she tried to kill herself. Your girlfriend feels like life isn't worth living... Would rather be dead and fall into oblivion than stay alive. You could be angry because she's precious to you and her attempt at suicide could have wiped her off the face of the planet forever. She would be gone. You'd be alone, mourning her and hating what she did.

When I was depressed, I didn't try to commit suicide (ok maybe I did) but I acted like that. It was beyond my control. I'd act all attached to someone and suffocate them - even though I knew it was destructive to our friendship. But that person stayed thank goodness and now I have a lifelong friend :slight_smile: she might be aware of what she's doing but silently hating herself for pushing you away. Try to be there for her. Or the next attempt could succeed.