1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So a friend of mine has a gay dating app, but doesn't know I know.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Jan 6, 2015.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 17, and a gay friend of mine that recently graduated highschool told me that a person I know who's sort of in theatre but mostly in choir has a (gay dating app that I didn't know was censored until now) account. I was shocked. (even more so when my friend said he got a picture of the male organ and that it's not exactly small) Like seriously shocked. I might have pegged him for being bi, and I kinda hoped he would be because he's, well, kinda cute. But anyway, I chalked him up as straight because he's in a relationship with a girl friend of mine (as in female friend)

I'm shocked and I don't really know what to do. He's sweet and funny, and I had a crush on him for a little while when he first started school.

Anyway, I know, and I kind of want to tell him that I know. But I am afraid it would freak him out and he's be paranoid I'd tell somebody or blackmail him. He does not know that I'm gay (probably) and he would probably be pretty shocked if I told him.

#1 MtnFr3sh, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well do you know if your friend is homophobic? if hes not i would see no harm in telling him, privately in case he might freak out

3. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you shouldn't say anything. It sounds like he's in the closet and it's really not your place to push him into coming out (to you, or anyone else).
    Just my 2c.

4. Yuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make an account for that app and either message him or do not nothing. Either way he will know that you're gay and looking for someone as well. You never know, something might start from there. I've seen many of my friends on various dating apps and sometimes I troll them

5. indiqo

maybe tell him that you are gay.

but I wouldn't personally mention that you know about him.

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would just come out to him. I was surprised with the amount of people who came out to me after I told them about myself.