1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about getting back at homophobic ex-friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by spark293, Jan 6, 2015.

1. spark293

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to know 2 guys who were my best friends but they are no longer my friends and I know they were involved in malicious rumors about me. I came here as immigrant to Chicago from Europe, I never had a chance to spend time with my dad until I got 17 because he was in America getting papers in order before rest of my family came. Once I got to know him, he turned out to be not type who likes to go fishing, or go somewhere for weekend, but just work and watch TV or sleep on weekend. He never wanted to go anywhere. My parents also only got low paid jobs so it was hard to afford peace of mind life through high school until I got in college. When I thought my life was gonna turn better and make more friends, then these 2 guys I befriended fell out in relationship and poisoned other relationships I had in college. One of them told his friends that were also my friends in classes that I am gay. This put me in awkward situation of dealing with passive ostracism. For ex, I could not involve a Computer Science friend in hobby after school, he denied Facebook friend request and treated me weird because he knew from them I am gay. After few more repeated incidents like these I confronted one of my ex-friends and I admitted I am gay and came out. Then these made things only worse. I got because of that depressed, I was on meds, seeing psychologists and thinking about killing myself. I spent weekend lonely, ostracized and broke as college student too. Somehow I managed to keep on studying, graduating from college and got my first job and later better second job in an area. Later I met a great friend from college who is still my friend but he knows some older brother of the younger one who is friends with my enemies. I don't think he is close friend of him though, I just know they are from Facebook and went together to high school.

Those 2 guys who were cruel, joined a fraternity and later after they graduated they got really good and higher paying job than mine through connections, one of them got through his dad. One lives now in Minneapolis and other in Cedar Rapids. I recently found, they have ********** profile and they still don't have girlfriends and are looking for them, even though they should not have had trouble finding in college. They have always looked better, healthier and never had any second language language barriers that I frequently encountered due to my accent like "where you from".

This sound crazy but I decided to get a little revenge on them for giving me grief due to their prejudiced attitude. I myself moved in California where I found job after losing my last in Chicago and found people less judgmental that Midwestern folks. The current job I got has low pay because I had none previously when I got offer. I have no time to meet new friends and socialize because my job requires me to train myself for job on weekends at home and have tight deadlines. I also work odd shifts so I have no chance to be free on weekends, except on my days off to go to beach or somewhere else to relax.

I decided to set up my own profile on ********** where "I seek women", make more money that either of them, where I would put pictures of me pretending to have a nice Corvette car, surfing, with location of residence in a nice beach town. Then I would after a month or so, logged in and look at their profiles. ********** would show them that I looked at their profile and in turn they would look at mine. This would show that despite them having had oppressed me in past, my life turned out to be better than theirs, I don't live in Iowa or cold Minnesota and found myself nice home.

2. geroni211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, those guys aren't worth the effort, just orget them, and try to live the rest of your life in peace, they have already done bad enough, no need to go calling for them to return

3. Composerbpc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the previous post. Don't give them the time of day, it'll only make them want to say more crap and you'll have to deal with them longer. revenge is a slippery slope. It's a double edged sword, revenge is. Generally nothing good comes out of it. just be happy with who you are.
    Best,
    bpc

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yeah, I would say they are not worth the effort, and faking success isn't the same as being successful.

Karma is a bitch, and they'll get their judgement in the end.

Live a good prosperous life and forget about the bullies.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I second everybody else saying, don't pursue this. Because, even if they do think, "Oh, wow, ___ is doing really well!", you will know that isn't true.

Also, coming from a bully in recovery former bully, most bullies don't care what happens to those they bully -- unless you, personally, come up to their door and gloat later on, with actual tangible proof of your successes. But even then, they may not really care, because they've won -- you wasted so much of your time, effort, and life as a whole on them, as opposed to yourself. They still have control over you, in some shape, way, or fashion.

The one exception to this is, you become supreme ruler of the world, then you'd have the authority for them to take you seriously. However, this is just really hard to do practically impossible, so nix that idea.

Your best bet is to focus on your life, as best you can, and take care of yourself and those that matter most to you. It's as simplistically complex as that, really.

6. spark293

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You know you're right. Even if it only took me 30-60 min of my life and actually searched for men (but waiting till I get in better shape financially), they probably not care, because they may even have their frat boys at manager/director level already making same success.

Even if I ever bump into them on streets again when I come back to visit Chicago, I will ignore them or tell them to back off. One of them was douche, when he stopped talking to me and I being wrong sent him many emails then he approached me in the middle of communication in a friendly polite manner to chat only later to bust me on emails with dean of students and not telling her that in fact he talked to me and was "friendly". After being "friendly" he still acted douche. And I learned lesson the worst you can do is create drama on email/social media and for things like that its to call or do it in-person without witnesses. After graduating college, when i could talk to him again then he threatened with police. Yeah, because a gay guy talking to you is ... harassment. lol

7. spark293

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had plenty of free time on weekend I kind of played a game for fun. I was so bored. :grin:

So I set up a fake profile but not of me, but some random dude (handsome) pretending to be hitting on them (by liking, winking...). I posted in my motto:

" I am guy who I would describe has "live, let-live" attitude. I pretty open minded and accepting of people not like me, their lifestyle choices as long as they don't hurt anyone directly, not judgmental towards or looking down on others who don't share my believes, as long as they don't force believes on me. "

One of them commented it:

"Dude why would you like guy's profiles. Talk about not being judgmental..you are doing the exact opposite of that. Being accepting of others by doing that? Yeah not what you are doing."

Clearly, it demonstrates that one of them is emotionally and intellectually retarded. There is nothing wrong with "liking" someone's profile. It means you are interested in some person, it does not mean you dislike other people you have not contacted. His logic is seriously flawed. No wonder with him and potentially his friend being like this, the relationship fell out. They are stupid.:bang:

To this message I responded by saying he was hypocritical by making this statement. I also said that he is mean and he probably needs to get a life and maybe engage in a threesome position where he is middle, guy on top, girl on bottom to enhance orgasm 10x. Maybe that would finally make him a happy and nice guy. :thumbsup:

After sending him this message I closed my account. I did not need his response, I am pretty sure what his reaction was. LOL :slight_smile:

#7 spark293, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015