1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am rather offended, particulary by one person. (RantL

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Jan 6, 2015.

1. gaynerd64

My school just set up a computer lab (A whole other story) and a section of my class was sent in to work in After Effects. The problem is that I can't stand this one guy and he also was going to the lab. I can not express how much I hate him. He is lazy and incredibly rude. To make things worse, the lab is completely unsupervised despite being filled with high powered equipment. It wasn't even five minutes before he started calling out various homophobic comments. They were not generic insults, they were incredibly rude. It might sound like I'm over reacting, but he did it for half an hour! It is impossible to do work, especially work like After Effects, when somebody is pissing you off! I need to concentrate on my project... but I can't when he is around! He ruined my last English project and I am still pissed! What the hell am I supposed to do? :bang:

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

If he'd been saying things for so long I'd have embarrassed him and asked why he's talking about gay stuff so much... is there something he wants to announce?

Sometimes it pays to be sassy :wink:

#2 gazwkd, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you report him?

4. soulcatcher

Eliminate him.

5. mangotree

People power.
    I'm sure there are other people in the lab that care about their grades and who are getting fed up with the annoying nuisance.
    If you can form sort of a "lab committee", maybe you can enforce a safe / quiet environment.

6. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell him to grow the hell up

7. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

First, headphones while your in the computer lab would help you immediately. I've generally work better in a computer lab with headphones on, you can concentrate on your own work that way.

Second, complain to the teacher that this guy is disruptive in the computer lab. Talk to others to gauge how many others think the same thing. Approach the teacher as a group if you find others in the same boat. Doesn't matter what his comments are, if they are loud and disruptive, that's all the teacher needs to worry about.

Third, yeah, saying something like, are you trying to tell everyone something is a great reaction.

8. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ugh, I know how you feel. I get homophobic comments all the time and it bugs the hell out of me. Just, whatever he says, don't listen to him. If you're having trouble working because of it, try earphones. You don't even need music playing, just something to block out the sound. If this doesn't work, then maybe move to a different area in the lab or try complaining to the teacher about it. I hope this helped at all. Good luck! (*hug*)

9. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel you. Like what everyone said, wear headphones and play something to block him out. Also, report him.