1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do with my trainwreck of a family?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BigBadBasher, Jan 6, 2015.

1. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

I'm tired of it. I can't take the stress anymore. I'm a senior in high school right now, and already in my last semester(if i graduate this year) and yet i just want to run away from it all.

I feel as if my family hates me. I'm not even out to them, save for a cousin and mom, yet i just know that they hate me for being me. I'll be honest I am a bit childish, and annoying but only with friends, but I have had to isolate myself in my room, playing games and on tumblr or youtube, to help me escape my family. I've tried EVERYTHING I can to make these monsters happy, yet still they flipping go against me. My young cousin can't stand me, my older cousin thinks i give her attitude when i talk to her as normal as my anti-social tune can get and gets so upset that she threatens to beat me up, my aunt ALWAYS has criticism and never shuts up, my mom ignores me and has more concerns with her soon-to-be husband than her problematic son, my soon-to-be stepdad is such an irritating sexist, and my uncle is forcing me to waste my saturdays at the gym because he said that "I'm too skinny" when I'm only 17 and have high metabolism. The last part I find offensive because telling me I'm too skinny is like telling someone that they're too fat.

Not only do they treat me like trash, they don't even support the life dicisions i make. I said i wanted to make money on youtube and become an animator, they think I won't achieve that. I don't want to go to college AT ALL, not even community college, yet they say that I have to to make a living or that the college of my choice (even though I had no choice) is too expensive. I want to explore the world, visit the other US states maybe travel, they tell me it's hard out there. I want to move out, they say I can't cause ANY job I get will not be enough to pay the rent. I want to get a job, they said I can't cause it will interfere with my schoolwork, that no one will hire me because I'm inexperienced, and that I need to arrange college course hours first and then get a job, even after saying I don't want to go to college. I'M FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE!!!

Being an only-child, i saw to my older and younger cousins as my sisters, yet this is literally breaking my heart that I actually felt like something in my chest actually tore apart. I have no one to look up to, no one to accept me, no one to support me, except my friends and boyfriend, and I only see friends at school and my boyfriend is a 9-10hour drive away from me. Everything I do for them is nothing, so I just gave up. Being isolated is the only happiness i have ever experienced since I was 10, and I don't think it'll get any better until I move in(or run away with) my boyfriend, and I don't even have the heart to tell them about him.

If you read through all that, thanks a million. I could really use the help right now. If anyone can give me advice on how to live with this til May(expected graduation) that would be great. Also, I ask if you guys can give me some ideas on getting revenge on my family. I'm the vengeful kind of person who keeps grudges, and I want to scar them into knowing they f*cked up. The only thing I could think of that leaves that kind of scar would be suicide, but that won't let me see the results, and it'll be devastating to the people I actually do care about. Thanks in advance for the help. I can't be convinced out of my grudge cause this kind of sh*t has been going on the past 7(almost 8) years now.:bang::help:

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Revenge will just make you feel bad trust me U don't want to stoop to there level....The best thing U can do is get financially stable so you can get the hell out of there and live your life the way you want...hell maybe when ur living on ur own they will see how awesome you are and they will feel like idiots....good luck and hang in there

3. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

I stopped feeling guilt when I made my mom cry just because I didn't want to go to my middle school graduation(she made me go to a school in mexico cuz she was living in mexico, and i already graduated from middle school a year before this one). I choose not to want to go because my classmates were bullies and they NEVER stopped. Not even the staff or principal did sh*t about it, and it when on ALL. YEAR. LONG. I'm already scared to step out of my room, and you think I would regret it? The fact that my mom cried left some cheer in me knowing I got some revenge after all the hell and betrayal I've been though, so telling me I'll feel bad about it ain't gonna work whatsoever, and this happened 4. YEARS. AGO.

4. Apply for a job.Get hired. Get revenge by rubbing it in their faces and prove them wrong. You can do anything you set your mind to and you seem determined. Plus you will never get experience if you never try/get a chance to try.

We're here, everyone on EC supports you, you're not alone. Trust me. My life hasn't been quite the hell you are in, but it still is hell.

5. BigBadBasher

BigBadBasher Guest

Thank you. Both responses are helpful.TacobellKFC(awesome url name btw) your advice if great, and HandsomeQueen your idea for revenge is effective, though I don't think it will make the result I anticipate. Thank you both.

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Living a good healthy successful life is the best revenge against the naysayers in your life.

There are other avenues to pursue your passion for animation. Self-learning is possible, but you don't have to go to college for everything you need. Here are a couple of options for you to look into.

http://visit.artinstitutes.edu/

Online Graphic Design School | Sessions College

https://www.creativelive.com/design << FREE

Teach yo'self: A guide to online graphic design education << FREE

Just be dedicated to your passion, learn as much as you can, and do as much design as you can.

You are capable of far more than you believe.

I would tell your uncle to lay off on the gym. When I graduated from high school I was 6'4" and 110 lbs. I was darn near emaciated, no matter how much I ate. Wasn't until later on in life that I started to fill out. Your body is just the way it is. You are still young, and likely still growing a little (even if slower.)

Be strong these next few months. Mark them off on the calendar or keep a count of the days/weeks. Keep your mind off your family troubles. When you get out on your own and flourish, they'll be the ones coming to you for support.

7. DelvSeigible

Hmm. Well... Many lgbt people have probably gone through this experience of being isolated. Family interactions usually requires compromise, and family usually freely care for each other. From my experiences I tick people off to invoke a change in attitude, so like I fight my dad to curb his violent tendencies. Do not try this at home and fight, The ideas is to go to extremes to get the things you want. You should confront your family about your problems and keep the problems coming one at a time. Keep your sexuality to the very last confrontations. Be polite and tell your family the things you need and if you are hurt by their actions then tell them. Be truthful so that your family and you can come to an understanding. Last but not least, you should keep trying even if your problems take any amount of time you should still be there for yourself on this sitcom we call life.

Be nice and carry a bag on a stick that contains lists of establish rules.
    -E

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh, one other thing, if you want to see the world, definitely do it. I recently gave a young gay couple a ride from Indianapolis, to Atlanta. Mostly because I needed to get away from my life, and I'm just a helpful caring guy.

They are basically hiking the country, they have backpacks with everything they need, and are couch surfing for places to stay. They've never experienced any trouble in their travels for being gay. They are traveling between communes and farms that need help. So, they are stopping every once in a while to work and make some money.

Just a thought for you and your boyfriend after you graduate.