1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SamThes, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I have this one best friend (online). More than a best friend, really; we'd kind of adopted each other as brothers. He'd even asked his family to unofficially adopt me and take me in once I inevitably lose my own family. He wanted to be "brothers for real". Everything was great, and we were getting along as normal. He's also FTM and started testosterone a few months ago and seemed happier.

Then, about a month ago, he cleaned out his PC and rediscovered a video game. And he stopped talking to pretty much everyone, checking in once a week or so for about ten minutes while he ate, before going back to the video game. He took a break for Christmas, which was nice, cause we got to see more of him. But then a few days ago, he told us to shut up so he could focus on downloading mods for his video game, which he was about to start playing again. Anyway, later he was ignoring me, and a mutual friend mentioned that he was having a great conversation with her about... you guessed it, the video game.

I'll be perfectly honest, I overreacted. I'm hormonal, and my brain reacts atrociously bad to female hormones. Plus I've been off my anti-depressants for about a month due to inability to see a doctor. So I finally just told him that I was either going to block him or deactivate my account until he was done with his "stupid video game". He proceeded to tell me that he didn't care, to f*** off, and that for the next 7 years all he'll have time for is school, his kid, and video games, so I might as well block him for seven years. So, I blocked him. And he took it a step farther by banning me from a forum and blocking me on Skype and, I'm assuming, email.

I waited a few days to give us both time to calm down, and finally decided today to try to apologise and make up. So I unblocked him and sent him a friend request. He rejected it. So I'm stuck feeling like he hates me, pretty much because I told him he has a problem with his video game and I'm tired of being less important than a video game.

And I really don't know what to do. He's the best friend I've ever had. Anyway, not sure if anyone has any advice. This isn't like him.

2. Give him more time. Keep in mind he is going though a lot of stress and maybe this is his way of coping. But still be there for him, he may or may not realize how much he needs you. Deep down in his heart I think he might regret some of what he said. Stay strong.