1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So single it hurts

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kinger, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First things first this is mostly just a rant and I nobody here can help with it but I still want to get it off my chest. I am also sure there are loads of people who can relate to this and that's what I midtl want to hear that I'm not the only one

I am 16 years of age and in that time I have never had a relationship I've never kissed anyone not even a girl, and now I actually feel so single and alone that it hurts,I have friends but they don't feel like I do,they have all had relationships at some point.
    I have tried to find someone but I've lost hope at this stage after 2 years of looking I found a guy online and we met in person but I didn't feel anything. I have tried my hardest to find someone and I think at this stage I've talked to every gay guy in Ireland and I've ran out of options

Again I don't want your pity I just want someone to say that they know exactly how I feel and have been there(and I wish they would say that they have found someone know and are happy) thanks for reading to my rant

2. Images and Words

aww, here, take my pity. *hands huge crate*
    anyway, I know exactly how you feel. I'm in exactly the same situation. Just don't let it get to you.

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Yeah I understand, I'm 21 and have never been in a relationship either, and I kind of feel like I'm missing out sometimes, but it's not all bad, it gives me more time to grow as a person. It's hard being single sometimes, but DO NOT be desperate. Nothing scares away a guy like a clingy guy, honestly it's better to be single and happy than single and lonely.

4. mangotree

Not sure if it helps but I was in the same boat as you when I was 16 (16 years ago, bloody hell). At that point I'd never been kissed by anyone, never had a girlfriend/boyfriend, never had sex obviously. It did feel pretty lonely, I'll admit. My first kiss/experience with a guy was when I was 17 (he was also 17), so there's still hope :slight_smile:
    It's pretty hard to find someone of similar age and who is mature comfortable in their sexuality like you are, especially online, so just try to exercise some patience, maybe look into some of the LGBT youth groups in your area or something like that.

5. soulcatcher

You should try to refrain from being so single-minded in your pursuit to "find someone".

You are a very young person.

Thus, you have plenty of time to "find someone".

6. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone

7. soulcatcher

Surely, nothing was said that you did not know already.

8. Jellal

One thing to keep in mind is to think hard about where your jealousy comes from, and if it really speaks to what you want for yourself.

When I thought hard about my own envy toward others, I figured out I was really just feeling insecure that others had something I thought I was "supposed to have." I wasn't actually in the mood for a real relationship after all.

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I HAVE been there. In fact, I guess I'm STILL there...

I'm 18 and I've still never been with anyone. But I can tell you that I'm happy. Of course, it would be nice to have a partner, but I'm enjoying being single and getting the most out of life.

The right person will come along, just be patient and find happiness through other means in the meantime :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

10. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't feel jealous when my friends tell me about their love life I feel happy for then but it's the fact that after all I have tried I have reached 16 without anything and I wanted to hear that there are others who feel the way I do and are happy like whiteshadows